How often to weigh??!

Options
At the moment I'm weighing myself every morning and sometimes get down that I've barely lost any weight in a day. How often do people weight themselves to keep most motivated???!

Replies

• cmfaris8
    cmfaris8 Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm literally obsessed with the scale. I will weigh myself in the morning and then at least 2 times when I get home from work and after I workout. I need to stop but it does motivate me. If I see the number go up, even its just 0.2, it might be the immediate push I need to bring my butt to the gym. If I see it go down, its also great motivation to keep doing what I am doing. A lot of people weigh themselves weekly and I know I should too, but there are some things I just need to know daily and my weight is one.
  • danwingard9
    Options
    I can't look at the scale. It regularly fluctuates 3 lbs, sometimes in the same day. I'm pretty sure my scale works correctly :)
  • readeramm
    readeramm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week - Saturday mornings. This takes a lot of the daily ups and downs out of the equation and I lose weight almost every week so it keeps me going. Can't wait to see tomorrow's success.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I weigh each morning, and sometimes at night. It's fun to see how the body works. Just can't take it too seriously - especially the daily differences. I might go up 4 days out of 7 during cuts, but the number gets lower every week.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I weigh on the first of each month, I go more by how I feel and look in my clothes ????
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Weigh as often as you can stand it mentally IMO. Chart it (I use an app called Libra) and learn from it. Fascinating stuff to me. Always weight first thing in the morning for a consistent reading. If you weigh at other times during the day it should be done only out of curiosity. It's a personal matter really.
  • TIFJAZJUL
    TIFJAZJUL Posts: 13
    Options
    Daily weigh in's work best for me
  • emmythedagger
    emmythedagger Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    To start with I'd recommend once a week, you'll soon figure out what suits you best.

I weigh myself most mornings now. I usually fluctuate quite a bit from day to day, but knowing that I started at 184lbs and that I now weigh in at 162 is a fantastic feeling. Even if it's a day when I weigh a bit more, 168lbs just on Monday there for example, I have still done well.
    I keep going back for that "well done me" feeling.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Once a year, I'm due next month.

Nearly down to the last notch on the work trousers belt which marks the fittest (well, leanest, anyway) I've been in 10 years or so, this has been giving me my daily feedback.

It'll be interesting to see what the number is but no more than that.
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I weigh each morning, and sometimes at night. It's fun to see how the body works. Just can't take it too seriously - especially the daily differences. I might go up 4 days out of 7 during cuts, but the number gets lower every week.

I'm the same way. I weigh myself every morning just to see, but I don't let it effect my mood for the day. I like it more to see how what I ate the day before effected my body in terms of water retention etc.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Never
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    weigh daily as soon as im done peeing. measurements every sat morning, after im done peeing.... lol
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh once a week but sometimes I will weigh every couple of days. Want to make sure I stay on track! It's not obsessive, yet lol.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I only weigh once a week. I keep reminding myself that it took me 12 years to gain all this weight so expecting to lose it overnight is unrealistic and irrational. Why obsess over it?
  • ehimass
    ehimass Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It's recommended that you weigh yourself once a week, on the same day of the week, first thing in the morning.

Personally I weigh myself every morning after I use the restroom and before eating or drinking anything, but I only record it once every week or two.

Weighing first thing in the morning is important. My weight usually goes up 2-5 pounds from morning to night. I've also had my weight drop 8 pounds in a period of 2 hours due to workout sweating. Weighing first thing in the morning eliminates those variables and gives you a truer, more consistent measurement.
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after I use the toilet :)

I normally weigh every couple of days but I try to record it only once or twice a week. I like to see the "lost" number go up and the "to go" number go down. It helps me stay motivated and on track. If the scale goes up one morning I really watch my intake for that day and/or work out harder.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I weigh about once per week...same time, same scale, no clothes.....I would go batsh!t crazy if I weighed everyday.
  • likethe309
    likethe309 Posts: 26
    Options
    Once a week. I weight myself every Sunday when I first wake up.
  • beth_se
    beth_se Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself at all because you could be gaining muscle as well as loosing fat so if you go by the scale you're just going to feel worse about yourself. I just go by the way my body looks and how i feel :)
  • kalle9
    kalle9 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First thing I did was get rid of my scale at home. I can't obsessively check my weight if I don't have a scale.

The only other scale I have access to is at the gym. I weigh myself once a week on Fridays.