5 kids in 5 years! Good bye baby weight!

Options
Hi everyone! I've finally decided now is a good time to lose my baby weight. I have 5 little ones ages 6, 4, 2, and 14.5 month old twins. I'm 25, 5'6" and currently 170. While not pregnant (after having babies) and nursing, my steady weight has been about 176. My pre-pregnancy weight in high school was 155-160, my highest (with the twins) was 201. :/ I dropped down to 169 in the first 3 weeks after they were born, and then got sick a couple of months later and dropped to 165. I stayed there until the holidays hit and have been at 170 since. They just weaned, so I'm hoping that will help me drop some pounds as well. My goal is 160, so only 10 pounds. I don't want to entirely focus on numbers, mostly how I look and feel, so I may want to lose another 5-10 after that. I loved my body in high school, and never thought of myself has fat or overweight. I was going to add some pics, but I can't figure it out! I have some in photobucket- am I supposed to use the HTML or IMG code? Hm. Anyway, thanks for reading, and hopefully I can find some support on the forums!

Replies

• allicyn
    allicyn Posts: 9
    Options
    My post got lost! Even if nobody wants to talk to me :P , can someone at least help me figure out how to post a pic? Normally I can figure it out on my own, but I'm having issues on this site for some reason. :(
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi! I haven't posted any pics yet, but I do utilize the "Search" function on here a lot. I just checked, and if you search "posting pictures" it'll give you the link to go to that will hopefully explain/walk you through. Hope that helps. :-)
  • allicyn
    Options
    Thank you! Now I just have to decide if I really want to post a pic. ;)

I had the img code right, but it has to be lowercase vs upper. That's what was throwing me off!
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You are such a strong woman to have five kids! I am having baby #2 this week and have no idea how our family is going to adjust...can't even imagine how life is with five! You look great in your profile pic btw:0).
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have five kids also but mine are a bit older (19, 17, 11, 10, 9).

Code for pics is

[ img] photo link goes here without spaces [ /img] (no spaces between the bracket)

Feel free to send a fr. request.. always welcome new friends! Welcome aboard!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Take advantage of taking walks and playing at the playground, run around with the kiddos and do the monkey bars! The older ones might even enjoy doing some exercise videos or wii fit with mom. Teach the kids to eat healthy along with you. Good luck:)
  • allicyn
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!

I am pretty active with the kids at home, but not so much when I'm alone at the park with them. The twins still need a LOT of my attention and I can't really walk away from them. I've done the monkey bars a lot this summer when we go as a family (when my husband is home), and it is a lot more difficult than when I was 8! ha!

My 4 year old son does my work out videos with me during nap/quiet time. He's a great coach "Mama- go up, and down up and down. Great job! Need some water?" I love it! We are pretty decent eaters already, so getting them to eat healthy with us isn't an issue, thank goodness!

My biggest downfall is chocolate and ice cream. It's my "alcohol". ;)