Did the squats make my bum bigger???

Options
Hello.

Im currently 153lbs and 5'9". I was 140lbs prepregnancy and now Im 16month post preg and still 153lbs BUT I've been lifting heavy for a few months now. I was wondering if my bum has gotten bigger from doing the 30 Day Squat Challenge in April and then switching to barbell front squats in May (I started 50lbs 3 times a week, then 60lb, now 70lbs) The reason I ask this is #1 No where's closer to fitting my prepreg clothes. #2 A person(an idiot, fat old man) asked if I was putting on weight and that I was getting "chunky" last week and this week. Unfortunately I never took measurments before hand so this 2 things are just making my feel fat and that heavy weights aren't helping me look lean.... Thoughts people please!!!! Thanks

Replies

• dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yep, we can totally tell from that paragraph.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options

hehe...
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Pics would help.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    No its probably all the Bacon Flavored Ice Cream you ate.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    No its probably all the Bacon Flavored Ice Cream you ate.

....IS this a real thing? If so where do I find it?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    You said in PMs that your clothes fit looser. This means that your butt did not get bigger.
  • dez_yaoichan
    dez_yaoichan Posts: 454
    Options
    no pics... no measurements... only that you are still 13 pounds away from pre pregnancy pants and you don't understand why you aren't fitting them? i'm not really sure what you want anyone to say
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I doubt it. Let it go, take measurements now.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your food intake? More likely that you are hungrier from the lifting and eating more than you should be.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    headdesk.gif.gif
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you know what would clear this up? measurements. continue doing what you're doing and take measurements in a month

not sure how you would expect feelings and opinions to translate into any meaningful information that would give you an exact answer of yes or no
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Yep. Nailed it.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Squats made me fat..... or was it the endless bags of doritos... I can't tell...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Also a butt sculpted and elevated by squats is rarely a bad thing. My momma was stingy when handing out the booty genes (but oh so liberal with the thighs.) and I'm using squats to try to make up for what she didn't pass along. If your booty is suddenly popping I'd say you're doing everything right.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your food intake? More likely that you are hungrier from the lifting and eating more than you should be.

^^Your food diary is inconsistent at best. If you're gaining weight it's from the food, not the squats.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    you know what would clear this up? measurements. continue doing what you're doing and take measurements in a month

not sure how you would expect feelings and opinions to translate into any meaningful information that would give you an exact answer of yes or no

RIGHT HERE^^^^^^^^^^^
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Squats made me fat..... or was it the endless bags of doritos... I can't tell...

Bicep curls made me fat. Mostly because I was curling slices of pizza to stuff in my face.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options

Bicep curls made me fat. Mostly because I was curling slices of pizza to stuff in my face.

Did you curl that pizza in the squat rack?
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options

Did you curl that pizza in the squat rack?

Oh, hell no. I didn't want the squats to make me even fatter!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I tried to make an evaluation by profile creeping, but no bums? So I'm not sure? BTW, what is that contraption you are strapped into?