Does this look ok? Or just no (pic I hope)

Options
13»

Replies

• Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Kathy_TheVampireSlayer Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would say no to the boots.

This. and the belt suggestion :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Shoes are cheap!! Get something springy and delicate.
  • Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear the boots with it.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I got a cheap pair of tan sandals last week, thanks everyone

I think that would definitely look better. I thought maybe you had your heart set on those boots.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    How about those green shoes on the floor?? lol

You look great! I would definitely add a belt and maybe some jewelry.

My son is obsessed with green, and would not like me wearing his shoes. He would say I am too fat for them. Lol

I have my own obsession with green too. My 5th grade basketball team's colors are green and hot pink. :)
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I got a cheap pair of tan sandals last week, thanks everyone

I think that would definitely look better. I thought maybe you had your heart set on those boots.

Nope just thought it was a little fancier than sandals since its a dinner and cocktails event, but my cousin said its not formal
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    I LOVE boots with dresses. I think the combo looks awesome.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    some of y'all will have this girl looking a HAM if she followed through with the suggestions :laugh:

OP, i know what you're going through with the shoes being too big. i lost 5 pant sizes from the last time i had to wear summer shoes, so now when i try on my old wedges, not only are they about 1 size too big (and the toes dont line up) but the straps in the back are all stretched out.

i'm replacing things a little at a time , but my suggestion would be to look for a cute pair of neutral wedges. those you can dress up or dress down so you'll be able to get a bit of wear out of them while you get cash for another pair of shoes.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has flip flops for peanuts. Paint your toenails and show off those skinny legs and ankles! :)
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    You look great also there's a sandal under you're sofa pick it up please
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Its never a wrong time of year for Boots, first of all.

Your on the right track, outfits don't have to be all matchy matchy

I don't like the style of those boots but if ya found another pair, maybe.
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love them both together! Do it!
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    you have great calves now, go buy some inexpensive sandals and show off the calves.
  • MissRikki03
    Options
    I just bought this dress, love it!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It would look great if you could accessorize with a black leather purse or belt.
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    Its never a wrong time of year for Boots, first of all.

Your on the right track, outfits don't have to be all matchy matchy

I don't like the style of those boots but if ya found another pair, maybe.

For real tho.

OP, Cowboy boots are season-less. I do however, wish they were legit cowboy boots. If you ever want real ones for cheap, search the men's shoes on Ebay and get a pair that are sized as Narrow. They will cost you 20 bucks instead of 75-100 or more for basic women's cowboy boots.

I am telling you this bc you seriously look so awesome in that combo that it ought to be one of your signature looks. It's reminding me of Annie Spencer on Rectify, and she's prob the cutest person who ever lived. Tried to find you a pic, but the show is so new, there just wasn't one. But I swear, she's wearing worn-in brown cowboy boots with this little summer dress.

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/67563_559733487380942_1388672199_n.jpg
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    The boots are clunky. As suggested add a wide belt. Also some jewelry (like the huge necklaces and accessories that are wider) they will offset the Boots
    Open toed wedg sandals and simpler jewelry with a wide belt would look mice as well.

Excuse any typos, cell keeps freezing.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    The boots I've seen people wear with dresses, for a while anyway, have been motorcycle/engineer or cowboy boots, or ankle booties.

It can be kind of weird getting used to being exposed again, is that part of the boots thing a bit too?

I think your tan sandals, or wedges are better with this. If casual's ok, and you don't want to feel all naked, would add a denim jacket (they're on the looser side than they were a bit ago, I think, so if you've got a tight/cropped one from a few seasons ago in a larger size, that might actually work really well). And earrings and/or a bracelet, something. Maybe hair up, mascara and lipstick if you wear it.

I think no to belt, the skirt part's shortish & it might make the proportions funny. But try and see.

You look great!
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You look great also there's a sandal under you're sofa pick it up please
    looking now lol