Wii games for exercise

Options
Greetings!

I have just purchased the Wii game Biggest loser that allows you select 4, 8, or 12 week challenges. Has anyone ever tried it? I am going to start it in ten days or so, to keep myself going after I finish the 30 day Shred.

I also like the Wii Active. I did two 30 day challenges, (one high intensity, one medium) before getting bored and wanting to move one.

Wii Fit is fun for tracking, and I feel good when I am always younger than my real age in my fit age. I don't sweat as much as the others on those.

Does anyone else have good games that get you up and moving, that keep variety and motivation high?

Replies

• cjjohnson
    cjjohnson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do the Jenny McCarthy "Shape Up" on the Wii. It watches you do the work out, so you cant cheat! and it adjusts your work out to fit your level. Really cool.
  • marlenia
    marlenia Posts: 33
    Options
    I've done the Biggest Loser. It is great accountability. The weekly weigh ins are great!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I like Wii Fit Plus but mostly now doing the Free Run and Free Step. The Rythmn boxing is also a nice little workout. It's not all I do but I usually burn 200-250 doing those (per hrm). I have - but have not yet tried Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 for Wii. I should put it in and see what it does. I have heard good things about EA Sports Active for Wii but I see they are doing a new release in the Fall - so I am waiting for that one.
  • LaughItOff
    Options
    We just ran a bunch of review on Wii Fit. http://doesthisblogmakeuslookfat.com/?s=52+mondays+wii+fit
  • sherri79eaton
    sherri79eaton Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just Dance!! is a great workout and tons of fun!!
  • mtizy
    mtizy Posts: 38
    Options
    I did the Wii Fit Plus for awhile, but after doing everything on it I got kind of bored with it. I also didn't really feel too worked out by doing it. But playing almost anything on a Wii is more active than you would get on any other video game system.