Any 5 foot 2 inch girl success stories out there.

Options
I am 32 years old and am 5 foot 2 inches tall. I am currently 138.5lbs and want to be at 110 to 115 pounds. Could really use success stories to help motivate me!

Replies

• Blessedby2boys
    Blessedby2boys Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I will be one, give me 7 months...: ) Currently 7 weeks postpartum, 28 lbs to go and a lot of toning needed.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2. I've been stuck at 135 for months. I used to be between 120-125 for the past 10 years, but having a baby changed that.

I have been doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I am 7 weeks in - while I have not lost any scale weight yet, I have lost 4 inches and 3% body fat. I also started running twice a week and just completed my first 5K a couple weeks ago. To me, NSV's are more important than the number on the scale.

I personally think 110lbs is extremely thin, even for 5'2, unless you have a very small frame. I am shooting for 125lbs, which puts me in size 3 or 5 clothes.
  • mwest11
    mwest11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Weird but I have been stuck around 130-135 for a few months too. I am also 5'2".

SW: 148
    CW: 131
    GW: 125

I agree with dewsmom78, 110 lbs seems very thin. I am not big on the pictures but you can check out my profile pic if you want. I do a cardio/strength workout 3-4 times a week, run a couple miles a week, and play slowpitch whenever I get the chance.
  • mamas0811
    mamas0811 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    5'2 here too. and for the past month i have been stuck at 132-135 mark.. its fustrating but, im working my butt off ;)
    i started after having my 2nd child . (last Feb) although i didnt give it my 100% in Jan of this year my co worker and i started going to the gym 5 days a week, changed our eating and from 155 i have gone down to 132 as of today! :)
  • Lmans77
    Lmans77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    almost 5'2" and stuck at 131 for months.

My goal is 110-120.
  • thewordwarrior
    Options
    I'm 5'2. Not a success story yet, but I hope to be in a year ;) It's nice to see others' successes though!
  • AbbyPDX
    AbbyPDX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I wonder what it is about that weight. 5'2" and been stuck at 132 for months... I should say that's my HIGHEST weight, not my lowest. But it crept up from a comfortable 125 and isn't budging no matter what I do (higher cal, lower cal, more exercise, less exercise, more weights, more cardio, blah blah blah). Glad to know others have success!
  • GinaH3
    GinaH3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" also. My weight has crept up to 128 from my comfortable 117. I was diagnosed with a thyroid disease 3 years ago and since then I've been putting on weight. I also hit 40, so age may be beginning to play a part too.

Anyway, I just started Week 4 of Turbo Fire and I think it's working. I've not done any measurements because I don't want to get discouraged. I'm just going by how my clothes fit.

I have an issue of my thighs getting bigger when I do resistance training. Does anyone else? I can read all day long women don't bulk up, but my jeans don't lie. I completed Insanity last year and while I lost two inches off my waist I could get my pants over my legs.

I've decided to stick with Turbo Fire till the end. It's tons of fun cardio with some resistance thrown in.
  • alocke37
    alocke37 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and am stuck at the same place. I was down to 123 last summer and loved it. Life happened and the weight crept back on back up to 134. Just started over myself. Could also use some tips.
  • uokbecky
    uokbecky Posts: 2
    Options
    Hw (two years ago): 68kg
    Sw (january): 64kg
    Cw: 53kg

I never really believed in myself, but now i know that i can do anything! I am 5"3 by the way. I still think i have fat to lose so i am still going, working on the last few pounds. Clean eating with little treats+ cardio or hiit 5x a week + strenght training. I have never been to a gym EVER in my life. You can all do it, if i could, you can too! :) AND HEY, I JUST REALISED IT IS JUNE. SUMMMMAH. Good luck everyone! Remember, it takes time. You do not have to starve. It is ok if you get off track sometimes, the main thing is that you do not give up. And as i said, it is officially summer today. I do not want any of you to think you can't go to the beach and enjoy your summer just because you are not where you want to be yet. GO OUT THERE, BE CONFIDENT AND SHOW EVERYONE HOW AMAZING YOU ARE ! I love you all, don't give up!
  • MikeBrusiaHart
    Options
    you will be a success story all it takes is a little support a little belief and the motivation comes really quickly to all that are stuck at same weight for a while sounds like you hit the wall of weight loss all you need to do is keep doing what it was you did to get there and all of a sudden youll start to lose it bit slower chin up everyone I belive in you all good luck and carry on the fight to be healthy :happy:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am just over 5'2". I have been very successful at it for many years. I keep being it every morning when I wake up and manage to be it the whole day long. It works for me. :happy:
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm not done with my journey yet, my motivation is to be able to post a success story on here along with all the other obvious reasons of course :wink:

I'm 19, 5'2" and have been working at this weight loss for over a year now. My HW was 183lbs in March 2012, by June 2012 I was 172lbs. I wasn't fully trying or tracking at that time. After graduation I went into a slump :grumble: and eventually by October 2012, still at the same weight, I found MFP,

I did not stick to it for the what felt like the LONGEST time, I came back once or twice in November and December but finally got my butt into gear February 2nd weighing in at 163.4lbs. In the last 4 months I have lost 15.8lbs, down to my CW of 147.6lbs, my total loss though is 35.4lbs so far. Sometimes I don't always see it, but maybe I avoided the mirror more then I thought when I was obese. :embarassed:

It has not been easy PERIOD, but that is my success so far. I have another 22 - 27lbs to hit my GW of 120 - 125lbs. I'm still iffy on my GW because I haven't been that weight range since May 2008 when I was 14.
  • akkanyc
    akkanyc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I personally think 110lbs is extremely thin, even for 5'2, unless you have a very small frame. I am shooting for 125lbs, which puts me in size 3 or 5 clothes.

I disagree that 110 = extremely thin. I think it depends on how your weight is distributed. I have always been around 110 - 115 growing up, but a year ago I found myself at 126, which for me was my highest ever. For me, I started showing a double chin at times and felt my belly tight in the jeans I owned. I started doing Insanity and eating healthier to lose weight for my wedding (until last year, I seriously thought 2000 calories was the norm for someone my size) and now, at almost 30, I'm 111 and am way more toned than I have ever been. Maybe I weigh less because I'm an A cup? My ribs don't show up when you look at me, and there's still belly and arm fat (the six, or even four, pack is still elusive!). And I definitely don't have a small frame. I joke that my mom fed me too much whole milk as a kid, because my wedding ring size is 7.25. Since I'm Asian, I always feel my bones are gigantic compared to my girlfriends who wear size 5 shoes and whose rings won't even fit on my pinkie finger.

Regardless, next step is toning more and building strength. And I won't care as much about the scale then!
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, When I joined MFP I weighed 148lbs, that was in January. I now weigh 132lbs and my goal weight is 119. I still have quite a way to go. Need to get rid of the remainder of that mummy pooch. I mainly lift heavy weights, I struggle to "eat clean" I love chocolate too much :tongue:

4dcac85c-e4a1-4276-8b2f-6064237dc1f7_zps83b2f17f.jpg

6770ca0e-faa6-4c62-b852-f3e66a9b6275_zps08549e9f.jpg
  • 8arbiee
    8arbiee Posts: 2
    Options
    Try Maximuscle diet shake ;)
  • lolymommy
    lolymommy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Success is not a number! Feeling healthy, having the energy to care for your kids, and feeling proud of your good lifestyle changes are all steps to success. That being said- moms need to give themselves time and patience. You are setting an example for your family- and crash dieting or "insane" workouts are probably not things you want your kids to see as normal. Keep some happy as you work toward healthy!
  • Andreagay60
    Options
    I personally think a 5`2 woman looks good around the 132-137 mark...and that also puts her in a healthy BMI range. Seems trying to get down to 110-115 is a bit far fetched. I am 53 years old and also 5'2, last year I got myself down to 135 and I was so pleased with myself...and, my doctor was also very pleased. I am now back up to 144 but I plan to have my winter weight back off by summer and I also plan to note what I did wrong over the winter months, so to not make the same mistakes again. The highest my weight ever got was 162 and I was way too heavy in the face and neck. Im ok with 144 and a size 10.....I am thankful for the health God has given to me and I never want to take it for granted. Please , all you 5,2 chicks.....don't be so hard on yourself. I think 5,2 is just the perfect package....aren't we lucky ????? :blushing:
  • Andreagay60
    Options
    I TOTALLY AGREE LOLYMOMMY !!!!!
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    5'2 here. I'm probably around 120lbs now. I dont really pay to much attention to the scale number

*edit, I can never post pics.. there are a few in my profile
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!