how have you changed since high school?

Options
124»

Replies

• loveguineapigs
    Options
    I don't let people talk to me the way I was talked to in high school. I was told by my teachers, principal, etc. that "Short, Fat, and Ugly" was only because the kids liked me. Yeah, right. When was the last time anyone called someone they liked "ugly"? I won't put up with people treating me the way I was treated in high school (and was told by school officials that it was no big deal.) Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can break a spirit.
  • CharlotteTheCoffeeLover
    CharlotteTheCoffeeLover Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    It's been 18yrs since I graduated... I had long black hair and was "goth" in highschool... I was a very wild teenager... Now I'm just a normal person, who works, takes care of their kids, drives a mini van, and is just happy when nothing happens.... All in all I went from wild party girl to down to earth mom...
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have changed. I have become much prettier than I used to be back then. I was very shy but now that I am older I am able to speak up a little more.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    for some reason I had red eyes all the time. I wore sunglasses a lot.
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've done a 180. I was the crazy attention seeking Sl*t. I was skinny, blonde, very pretty, but hated myself. I was bullied really bad, and abused. Let people walk all over me, especially guys. I was even bisexual, mostly for attention. I cut myself, I was just a huge mess.

Now I'm a christian mom, I don't date, (actually kind of intimidated and scared of dating), I don't care much about seeking attention anymore. Red hair, Chunky. Haven't had sex in a year. lol. On Purpose. ok TMI. But total opposite of Sl*t. Pretty level headed now, higher self esteem, and finally wont let people walk all over me. :) Yay.

So glad I grew up.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I changed. I was bullied a bit and way too self conscious. I didn't dress very well at least a freshman and sophomore. I let bullies get me down. Now I'm very confident and take good care of myself looks wise. I'm also more outgoing.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I was a 100lb, shy, self-conscious, goody-two-shoes in high school. Now (more than 20 years later), I'm almost 40lbs heavier, but much curvier and sexier (still have a few lbs to lose but not going anywhere near 100 now!!), much more confident in myself, still a little shy but better at speaking up, and much more fun. :-)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Whoa for me, it has been 18 years since high school!!

Physically: I look better with age because my face is thinner, more defined, and I know better how to dress myself and I DEFINITELY get much more exercise and am more muscular and toned - I'm not in great shape but in high school I probably had much higher BMI than now. I used to have really really long, coarse, crazy hair and now I have short hair. I weigh about 4 lb less now than I did in high school, but really I've stayed around the same weight since my teens so that's not a huge deal good OR bad. I do plan to become thinner in the future but I'm happy that I'm more energetic and athletic compared to my teen self.

Attitude/Personality: Basically the same. Of course I am more mature, and responsible. But deep down I have not changed all that much. I do have FAR more confidence and better self-esteem. When I was in high school I was not very focused on my goals and that's changed a ton. While I'm still politically liberal and a bit "edgy" I do have to admit that I'm more conservative than I ever would have imagined myself becoming. I would have envisioned myself at 36 as a crazy hippie-punk woman, maybe a teacher or artsy job of some sort, drastically heavier, with 20 cats and black light posters. Instead I'm engaged, a bit smaller/more sporty, legal secretary, and everything's super modern in my life.
  • musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    I was a choir fanatic in school, graduation soloist of my class...now I will be a Music Education Major....soo in that aspect..no! :D:D
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Got a great job making five figures a year.

Wow you make $10,000 a year? How-you-doin-joey-tribbiani-30419833-350-208_large.gif:wink: :noway:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    in high school i had a major chip on my shoulder. i was very much shoot to kill first, ask questions later even at the slightest hint of someone misstepping their boundaries.

i'm a lot better at expressing my thoughts and feelings.

i've also learned a lot about the impact my actions have on others and to think about those before making a decision that might effect others.

how i havent changed : i still dont like fake people, manipulative people, intentionally mean people, or bullies and i still refuse to do stuff or bite my tongue to keep the peace just the keep the peace. so i'm still confrontational as hell but now i know better ways to do that than when i was youger
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    9th grade

5yajvk.jpg

last year

2cdbnb.jpg
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Wow you make $10,000 a year? How-you-doin-joey-tribbiani-30419833-350-208_large.gif:wink: :noway:

Bwahahaha
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    For moments every day I am the same carefree young lady I was in highschool, when I am older I will still have these moments.

When not experiencing said moments the difference is obvious, work for a living, mother of two, paying bills, tending the houses needs, basically being an every day working mom. However I am still the same artist, poet, and dreamer I have always been deep down inside.

:)
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I was white in high school..so I would say yes!
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options

Bwahahaha

HAHAHAHA!!
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    LOL! I don't think I can even remember that far back!! I graduated a LOOONNGGGG time ago.

But what I DO know... I am MUCH happier with me now than who I (thought I) was then.
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I don't let people talk to me the way I was talked to in high school. I was told by my teachers, principal, etc. that "Short, Fat, and Ugly" was only because the kids liked me. Yeah, right. When was the last time anyone called someone they liked "ugly"? I won't put up with people treating me the way I was treated in high school (and was told by school officials that it was no big deal.) Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can break a spirit.

You should never let anyone talk to you that way, i don't let people treat me like crap anymore either so good for you