Not much for breakfast, need help for breakfast meal

Options
I am a picky eater for breakfast. I been drinking slim fast but found out it has a lot of sugar in it. Does any one have any breakfast ideas for me with not much sugar count. Please no eggs as I am allergic to them.

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I eat a wheat bagel with a tabelespoon of peanut butter spread on it every morning.
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am rarely hungry in the mornings but I know it's an important meal. I usually make me a shake with fat free milk, half a frozen banana, a handful of blueberries, a handful of baby spinach and a scoop of vanilla protein powder and blend until smooth. The protein in there keeps me full for quite a while but it never sits heavy in my stomach.

I also really like to have a whole wheat English Muffin with a tablespoon of peanut butter on it.

or 2% cottage cheese with a little banana or pineapple in it.
  • lblert
    lblert Posts: 55
    Options
    I like oatmeal (old fashioned plain) with a half cup of milk to thin it out and fresh berries. I sweeten it with splenda usually. It's really filling and easy to stomach early in the morning.
  • kaylingonzales
    kaylingonzales Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Quite honestly, don't eat breakfast if you are not hungry. It's not going to kill your metabolism if you skip it or any of that crap the ceral companies and bros want you to think. However if you find that you are hungry/enjoy breakfast but don't like traditional breakfast foods then try lunch/dinner foods (steak, chicken, potatoe, etc.)
    Best of luck to you.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    What - if anything - would you like to eat? You don't have to eat if you really don't want to. Or you can eat foods that aren't typical breakfast foods ( I have friend who will have chicken for breakfast)

I usually have a plain yogurt and banana ( depending on if I'm going to the gym), but there are many days when I'll just have a coffee ( no sugar, skim milk).

If you want to have something, try oatmeal ( mix rolled oats, instant oats, and oat bran. Put one third cup in a bowl add boiling water and milk, cover the bowl and let it sit for five minutes. Mix, add a little sugar/cinnamon if you like, raisins etc, and eat). Or a sandwich, eggs, low carb muffuns- you can make ahead and freeze, cottage cheese, etc
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I am a picky eater for breakfast. I been drinking slim fast but found out it has a lot of sugar in it. Does any one have any breakfast ideas for me with not much sugar count. Please no eggs as I am allergic to them.

If you don't like breakfast, just skip it and eat lunch or a mid morning snack. Or you can just eat some left over dinner for breaky. Or eat fruits, nuts, cheese with bread, or anything really for breakfast.
  • ak_honda
    ak_honda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    my breakfast almost always consists of using my blender; usually it's: cup of frozen mixed berry (from costco) + 1 banana + 1 cup orange juice (organic valley) + 1/3 - 3/4 cup greek honey yogurt, blended well and drink it when i get to work. usually end up taking like an hour to finish it and it keeps me full and gets me going.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I eat a wheat bagel with a tabelespoon of peanut butter spread on it every morning.

bagel boy! he sure does, and he's known for his cinnamon raisin bagel with peanut butter.

It's hard to say if you're "picky"
    bacon
    raisin bran
    grape nuts with yogurt
    greek yogurt with fruit
    bananas and oj.
    lots of options just depends what your kind of picky is.
  • dragoness07
    dragoness07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have never been that great at breakfast and only started recently with it - due to a healthproblem I have to eat regular now - I found that if I am not too keen on food in the morning that I enjoy a green smoothie eg.

1 small banana
    1 small apple
    1 small orange
    a handful of strawberries
    2 handful of mixed baby leaves
    1 cup of water

this gives you about 2 green smoothies which are incredible delicious and filling.

Otherwise I quite enjoy eg a handful of berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries etc) with 2 tablespoons of spelt flakes or any other flakes and approximately 1 small pot (150g) of fat free yoghurt.

If I feel like a proper breakfast I usually have some whole weat bread with a nice spread or tomato salad
  • ifeelbetterworkingout
    Options
    honey bunches of oats with honey and a protein or casein shake with a vitamin and cla