IT'S JUNE! What are your goals?!

Options
I have three;

Easy 1: Lose the 3lbs I have gained this week
Medium 1: Lose 7lbs (inc that 3) to keep on track with my weight loss goals
Hard 1: Stop drinking for a month. Apart from when I go to Download festival. I may drink quite a bit there!

What are yours? Don't be shy!

Replies

• healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Lose 6-8 lbs and continue to go for a hike once a week.
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Complete 30 Day Shred (I'm on day 5) and keep up my activity level

Cut down on the amount of white bread I eat (which is way too much but not cut it out 'cos this is a lifestyle change NOT a diet)

Fit in to my new work trousers comfortably by 10th June (because my old ones are too big and look a bit daft but these are a little bit too tight)

Not to eat because I am tired and stressed

Smile and be happy no matter what happens at work!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Lose as much fat as possible before Glastonbury.

Worked download last year and was a bit skint, so told myself that I wouldn't spend a penny at the festival - and didn't.
    Did drink a fair bit, but as I was quite active and generally not eating that much, I actually lost a fair bit of weight.

Working it again this year, but will have most of the actual festival time free, so may be harder.
  • HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My sister's wedding is on July 12th (I am chief bridesmaid) so June for me is all about being completely focused and losing as much weight as I can, preferably 7lbs!! I'm trying to add more weights and strength training in this month because I've been mainly focused on cardio so far.

I'm also only 2lbs away from entering the 'healthy' range for BMI, for the first time since I was probably a toddler! I'm very excited!
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Ten pounds is the goal, but a contest I'm in ends July 10th, so I'm actually giving myself until then for the ten pound loss. We will see!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I would like to:
    Go the gym/ do 3 workouts a week minimum
    lose another 1-2cm for all my measurements
    Cook a bunch of healthy choices each saturday for the week ahead
    make it to bed each night before 10.45pm
    It would be really nice to hit July and have lost another 5kgs since my last weigh in (beginning of May)
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    1) Try not to gain on my trip to Italy next week
    2) Lift religiously for, well, ever
  • fruityfitness
    Options
    im hopefully starting a fruitarian diet from wednesday and gonna try work out everyday...i worked out my bmr as 1382 so if i eat 1000 cal and work out 700 id be burning 1000 cal of stored fat! thoughts?
  • Ally_93
    Ally_93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Lose another 10kgs (22lbs) before the end of the year for summer to look good in a bikini!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone-I like the goals you all have!

1- Log all that I eat every day in June, even if it is a wedding or graduation party or too much wine! Just log every day.
    2- Drink my 8 glasses of water every day in June, even if I have a day of shopping and I am afraid I won't find a bathroom, drink 8 glasses every day.
    3- Go to my Wednesday am classes that I paid for in June-strength training. Tell the instructor to help me do slow, modified stuff. So I will go to at least 3 of the 4 classes in June.
    4- Do the Leslie Sansone 1-mile youtube at least 2 times a week in the month of June. There are 4 weeks in June--I will log at least 8 days of having done Leslie Sansone...
    5- Hardest one-Do not eat mindlessly after 3-5pm... If I get bored, figure it out. Go weed, go do laundry, ask the kids to play basketball--do anything but eat mindlessly in the month of June.
    6- BE A POSITIVE PERSON. SAY YES TO MORE THINGS. ENCOURAGE MY FAMILY TO COME WITH ME TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT. LIVE OUTSIDE OF MY LITTLE COMFORT ZONE!!!

What I am hoping with following these goals, I will go below 146 in June which I have not done since I started writing my weight down years ago. I am at 147.2 today, but I was at 148.0, 149.0 and 150.0 the 3 days before-weight fluctuates....
  • gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    lose 9 pounds, and get closer to my goal
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've been reading all these posts about the 30 day shred and thinking I want to go buy it. Just looked at my 2 workout dvds and I already ha e it, lol. I got it in the fall of 2012 and only did it a couple times. So I think i'll give it a shot again.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Great question. Thanks for posting it.

1. Make it to about 18% bf . When I did my stats with my trainer a few weeks ago I was at 20.2% (I started at 31% in January) so I think that is possible if I hit it hard. Ultimate goal is to get my bf below my trainer's. Just to tick him off. lol.

2. Keep the weight about where it is but add muscle and lose body fat. More cardio, more weight training, clean eating.

3. And a big NSV -- make it into my dream jeans by the end of the month. I'm in a jeans size I never dreamed possible when I started (now in a 30). But I really want to make it into a size 28. While still at 175 pounds.

thanks for the thread.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    1. Knock another month of this deployment out.

2. Lift more weight and try to get cut.

3. Do more squats...as much as I hate them.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Stay active, lose 1.5-2 pounds. I'm less than five from my "goal", so taking it slowly now.
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Run my first half marathon. This time last year I couldn't tie my shoe laces without stopping for a breather and even then I'd have to sit down to do it because I couldn't bend down that far. I am entered in the Torquay half marathon in three weeks time and would love to break 3 hours.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I am committing to my daily one hour swim and eating right. The rest will come as it does. I also have my new FitBit One, which is really boosting my activity and I am hoping to get moving more and more every day.
  • deannafaye94
    deannafaye94 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1) complete the 30 day shred
    2) complete my c25k programme
    3) complete the 30 day squat, crunch, plank and burpee challenge
    4) (power) walk 10 miles a week
    5) follow the 3:1 programme; 3 weeks of not eating processed food, cake, biscuits, junk food, crisps, processed white bread, chocolate, sweets and nutella and then 1 week of eating as much as I want (within my calorie allowance). Hopefully fingers crosses after the 21 days are up, my craving for chocolate and rubbish will have disappeared and I realise that I don't actually like it.....or the cravings could be 21x as strong....we'll see!
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    EXERCISE:
    Slacked on boxing last month with finals, then got sick for the two weeks afterwards. Did plenty of running , but only made it to the boxing gym a few times, and I feel it! Very little arm strength, no arm endurance, no speed, no stamina at high intensity.

June Goal: get back in the swing of things. Boxing 5 days per week like it's a bad habit. Pack training on off days.

DIET:
    Stick with my 100% sucrose elimination
    Rebalance my macros
  • nanalovmybdy
    Options
    keep on in a healthy diet and getting good body shape