Maintanance Scrap extra macros??

Options
I cannot lose anymore weight I have recently changed my goal to maintain which brings me to 1530 calories from 1200.. I am happy with the way I am and the weight I am I just need to tone up now.
However when i was on a diet I was tracking:

Cals, carbs, fibre, sodium, fat, sat fat and surgar.. Shall I scrap these extra macros now so that I only track mfp recommeneded ones of carbs, cals, protien and fat? I cants continue to eat at a deficit because I keep getting comments about how skinny I have got however even at this maintanane level I find myself eating a deficit because of going over sugar or saturated fats.. sugar mostly but sat fat tonight as I am at a party... When I go over i feel like I shouldnt eat anymore because sugar = fat? but then I can still only be eating like 900-1100 cals?!?

So confused? what did you guys to when maintaining??

Replies

• kavanaghev
    kavanaghev Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yeah I would scrap those macros. Mostly because I am ALWAYS over my sugar due to fruit, and sugar =/= fat.

Also, I would consider finding out your TDEE and eating at that. I don't know your height or weight or age, but I feel like 1500 cals is very low for maintenance, and it's possible you will continue to lose at that number. Unless you are eating your exercise calories back.
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    Yeah I would scrap those macros. Mostly because I am ALWAYS over my sugar due to fruit, and sugar =/= fat.

Also, I would consider finding out your TDEE and eating at that. I don't know your height or weight or age, but I feel like 1500 cals is very low for maintenance, and it's possible you will continue to lose at that number. Unless you are eating your exercise calories back.

I am 5ft 4 and 21.. what does sugar=/=fat mean sorry lol?? SO you think even if I go over sugar and other things still try to eat my maintanance level in calories and I shouldnt get fatter ?
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options

I am 5ft 4 and 21.. what does sugar=/=fat mean sorry lol?? SO you think even if I go over sugar and other things still try to eat my maintanance level in calories and I shouldnt get fatter ?

sugar =/= fat means sugar does NOT always equal fat
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    Oh right okat it just was the assuption I was under :-S
  • kavanaghev
    kavanaghev Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So I am about the same height and 26 years old and I eat up to 2500 cala per day at maintenance. That's with strength training 3x and running 2x per week with 2 full rest days. That's why I think 1500 calories per day is low. If you don't mind potentially gaining a tiny amount, I would work on upping your calories a little bit each week until you are at a more sustainable number. I think you are still losing because you are still operating at a deficit!
  • lucycassingena
    Options
    So I am about the same height and 26 years old and I eat up to 2500 cala per day at maintenance. That's with strength training 3x and running 2x per week with 2 full rest days. That's why I think 1500 calories per day is low. If you don't mind potentially gaining a tiny amount, I would work on upping your calories a little bit each week until you are at a more sustainable number. I think you are still losing because you are still operating at a deficit!

Good idea I dont work out as much as you cut down since I reached my goal but I think slowly rising my intake and seeing the effects will work best its only fear of overr sugar for example that is stopping me lol thanks