Success with using MFP on your cell phone?

Options
124»

Replies

• skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    I enter 99% of my food on my phone. In fact I didn't even know there was a normal website for awhile. I run a Galaxy Note 2 and am helping MFP by using their new Android Beta app which I like better than the old app.

Same here!
  • Natdogg37
    Natdogg37 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use MFP on my iphone and love it :) I find I am on here a lot more than on my laptop. Only negitive thing is you cannot access the message boards from an iPhone.

Good Luck on finding a phone
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    android, HTC phone, works great.

my favorite feature is tracking calories using a weekly average rather than daily (found only on phone and not website)

click on weekly, then look at the bar on the far RIGHT, that is where you are calories wise during a Mon - Sun cycle and you can see if you are below or above your daily goal because there is a line that marks it. Then every Monday it resets and starts a new week, you can go back and review every week since your first day tracking.

the scanner is great just for getting the item quickly into a meal, then using the remember meal function to save meals. Or you when you dont feel like going through all the different entries in the database, as well all know is SOoooo overcrowded.

with regards to the forums not being accessible from the phone, the work around is launch your phone browser, open up MFP bookmark, and voila, youre there. You dont even have to log in every time because it remembers it's you.

bottom line: go with any smart phone you like, the app will work the same.
  • paintedladytc2010
    Options
    I have an Android phone and the app works well with it. I just used the barcode scanner (accidentally) the other night and it was very cool and actually helped because it was package sushi. Very cool! It's good to have MFP at your fingertips while away from home.
  • LLCoolBean
    LLCoolBean Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It works great on every android Ive had, well thats the htc g2 and samsung galaxy 3, of coarse I wouldnt recommend the samsung its the worst phone ever and the only thing about both phones was that it freezes a lot when its synconizing entries and I have to force stop it, but still worth the convenience of having it on the phone
  • maghenwarren
    maghenwarren Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP since New Years on my cell phone and lost 35 pounds, just recently I found out about adding friends and the message boards, definetly made it more fun!
  • par57
    par57 Posts: 74
    Options
    I've been using MFP since New Years on my cell phone and lost 35 pounds, just recently I found out about adding friends and the message boards, definetly made it more fun!

Great! Which phone do you use?
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I've used a smartphone to log since I joined. I started with an Android and now I use Windows Phone. They both work great. I really like the new Windows Phone app because the live tile shows current information at-a-glance, so I can see my remaining calories without opening the app.