The Worst Thing About Eating Healthy...

Options
... is how terrible you feel when you eat crap!

I had two pieces of leftover pizza for breakfast this morning, after having a high-end burger and fries at a bistro last night - I've done the pizza thing before, probably more times than I care to admit, but not since I started this lifestyle change. My stomach has been pissed off with me every. single. minute. since. Not that I'm GETTING sick, but I feel so roily and uneasy. I couldn't figure out why until it occurred to me that I ate too less-than-healthy meals in a row and while I do allow myself delicious things, my stomach isn't used to that much not-good-for-your-body food all at once anymore!

Well.

Won't be doing THAT again.

Seriously. I work Saturdays and I have felt grody through my entire workday thus far. My coworker bought me an Egg McMuffin to cheer me up and couldn't figure out why my face went white when I smelled it.

Back to oatmeal breakfasts and healthy veggie dinners for me.

Replies

• laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I agree with you! I feel so sick after eating a few slices of pizza..nevermind a burger and fries!!
    I do have occasional treats, like a muffin or a croissant, but my stomach is not happy! :sick:
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    yup.

grease makes me ill now. i was never too into grease, but now? it's just pure ill.

i had a soda recently while on an airplane. tasted terrible, like liquid sugar. and i -love- soda (though even when i drank it i tried to stick to ones with pure cane sugar).
  • anxietygirl
    anxietygirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and it was like... the burger and fries were okay, because I came home and was probably asleep before the sick feeling hit and slept through it. But the pizza this morning? My body is ANGRY WITH ME.

It took a nice leafy green lunch and some yogurt afterwards to start calming down, and I'm still trying to sit very still all day!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    yep. Can't eat greasy crappy foods. They make me ill. Can't handle a lot of sugar or salt either. I have it occasionally.. but it's never a good thing. LOL.

I like Mexican food a lot.. it can be difficult there. but I just eat really well before and after (usually) and i'm ok.. Also Chai seeds.. helps umm.. *ahem* move everything along quicker.. LOL
  • kitsiekitty
    kitsiekitty Posts: 166
    Options
    I used to love iced lemon tea. Especially the canned/bottled ones. I very very recently had one again after a LONGGG time of drinking only water. Imagine my surprise when I cringed at how sweet it was.

Yeah, one indulgence down the drain. Not to mention smelling KFC/McD's when I walk past them make me cringe as well. The only thing I can take now is pizza, and that's only homemade, since its less oily.

For some reason muffins and desserts are still fine with me, so I have to remind myself to take them in moderation. Then again, I've always had a major sweet tooth. xD
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Hmm. This hasn't happened to me yet but maybe because I've always has a bit of an iron stomach. If anything, for me, the worst thing about eating healthier (lots more veggies in my diet these days) is the *ahem* increase in gastric vapors.
  • lindabee77
    lindabee77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed that. I have a pretty high tolerance for grease I guess!
  • cbtyler1
    cbtyler1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Search candida and parasites, if your diet mainly consist if these foods, you may defiantly have it. I got it from holding in my poop for too long (3 weeks) and I was eating extremely healthy!!
  • anxietygirl
    anxietygirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    YES, kitsiekitty, I have the same issue! I can't drink soda anymore - high fructose corn syrup is just waaaaaaaay too sweet, and even most real sugar sodas bug me. I can drink Diet ginger ale or sprite zero, not because of artificial sweeteners but they don't taste quite as swee to me. Regular soda makes me sick to my stomach - but mostly because I stopped drinking it with any regularity several years ago. I prefer coffee if I'm going to drink my calories, haha.
  • kitsiekitty
    kitsiekitty Posts: 166
    Options
    YES, kitsiekitty, I have the same issue! I can't drink soda anymore - high fructose corn syrup is just waaaaaaaay too sweet, and even most real sugar sodas bug me. I can drink Diet ginger ale or sprite zero, not because of artificial sweeteners but they don't taste quite as swee to me. Regular soda makes me sick to my stomach - but mostly because I stopped drinking it with any regularity several years ago. I prefer coffee if I'm going to drink my calories, haha.

Everything is so sweet these days! Wel, except for chocolate and desserts, but their my kryptonite. xD I generally just drink water or green tea these days. I want to drink diet soda, but I'm a little scared too cause everyone keeps saying it'll make you crave more sugar, and I don't need that on top of trying really hard to curb my dessert cravings. :P
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yes, i eat pretty clean and have given up all fried foods plus and if i slip up, i pay for it. its not worth it. the worst i do these days is buttered popcorn and chocolate lol
  • godds6
    godds6 Posts: 22
    Options
    Yup, I can't eat greasy foods after not eating them and eating more healthy... Sugary stuff on the other hand is my weakness.. I have always had a major sweet tooth. Candies and deserts are my weakness. 2 of my daughter's fries from McDonald's today was MORE than enough. yuck.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    thats funny casue after eating pizza I feel like a million dollars
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the healthy eating life style, it's just the price tag that comes along with it...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you eat a very low fat diet and are developing anxieties about food based on its arbitrary public connotation.

Neither of these are good.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I am fortunate in that I will not reheat food and I will not touch stuff that has been sitting overnight, even if it is in the fridge - such as pizza.

I am quite glad really, controlling what I eat is difficult enough LOL
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    thats funny casue after eating pizza I feel like a million dollars

Wow..... really?? :noway: I'm sorry. We should send pizza to your city.
    Here when we eat pizza we feel like a million dollars per BITE. That adds up. By the time we're done, damn..... haha Everyone be struttin' around like we the shizzzz...... :glasses:
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    yup.

grease makes me ill now. i was never too into grease, but now? it's just pure ill.

i had a soda recently while on an airplane. tasted terrible, like liquid sugar. and i -love- soda (though even when i drank it i tried to stick to ones with pure cane sugar).

I used to not eat that much fried food, don't like soft drinks. I did have pizza here and there, but my vice is cakes and chocolate.

Opposite to you, I have found in the past few weeks that I NEVER feel full. So I was at the supermarket and smelt the karaage (Japanese fried chicken) and jumped on it. I devoured every piece and have never felt that satisfied in my life! I love oily foods now, however if I have more than a small helping my stomach does remind me.

Soft drinks will always taste like crap to me though. Much rather OD on sugar from chocolate ;)