30DS Results 5'3

Options
SoberAlley
SoberAlley Posts: 30 Member
Hi all! Well I'm finally happy to have *something* to post. I'm 5'3, started at 163lbs on May 1, 2013.

I planned to do the 30DS every day with no breaks, with the reasoning that "it's only 20-25mins/day". I made it to day 28 then absolutely could not finish the program. I was extremely irritable, tired, lacking motivation, bored with the workout, and I began to despise Jillian.

To be fair, in addition to the 30DS I went to the gym on average 4-5 days per week doing mostly cardio and I did lift weights maybe 2 times the whole month (so not enough to really matter), and I began parking farther from my office at work, so I got in an extra 2 miles of walking each time I went to work (I work from home but only go in for meetings 1-2x per week).

I was on a 1,270 net calorie plan, and definitely ate my calories back. But each week I was more or less hitting my macro percentages and net calorie target. I did not eat particularly clean.

In the first 20 days I had lost 5lbs and 11 inches, so I thought. But then I realized that my tape measure is a little wonky and starts the measurement at 2 inches instead of 1. That confused me when it came time to track more measurement differences, so I scrapped that part. As of June 1st, I actually gained back 2 of the 5lbs I lost. So a total of 3lbs was lost, and below are my photos.

May1toJune12013Comparison_zps91172260.jpg

I'm moderately satisfied with the results, but I think I'd have had more success if I took rest days to recover some, and actually finished the program.

I also don't think I'll be doing any more DVD programs. For June I'm going to work out fewer days per week, but incorporate heavy lifting along with my cardio, and see where that gets me for July 1st!

I'd love some more friends by the way! :)

Replies

• proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Nice job. It looks more than a 2 lbs lost to me.

I did 30 ds a couple of months ago and I lost 4 pounds only but like you I also lost some inches.

Keep up the gkod work cause definitely is paying off
  • gbatey78
    gbatey78 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well done! You can really tell the difference in the photos
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Definite improvement and only one month!!well done keep up the good work you have made a brilliant start!!!
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS in January and got some nice results. I have pics in my profile. Your welcome to add me if you like :)
  • SoberAlley
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words!
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    awesome result. I do know how you feel about expecting more. i did 30DS with cardio as well and got about the same results. As the days go on, you will see some more body changes. not sure how that happens but it does. i would take inches over ilbs anyday. Great result.
  • SoberAlley
    Options
    ^ Oh man thanks for this. My boyfriend is saying how great the results are, and I mean I do see them, but for as hard/much as I worked for it, I totally wanted more. I am a bit disappointed and almost started to feel bad for being disappointed!
  • squaregum
    squaregum Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great results!
    keep it up.
  • Tflowers34907
    Tflowers34907 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Girl you have a smaller tummy and your back has smoothed out some. I say it was worth it and definitely wasn't a waste of time! You've made progress! KEEP PUSHING!! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!