Only managed 15 mins of 30 day shred!

Options
2»

Replies

• amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said, you did 15 minutes which is far better than nothing at all. Keep at it and you will get there.

You will not be disappointed with the results from 30DS, either. It is a great workout. I did my first round in June and I loved it, lost 10lbs, toned like you wouldn't believe! And I still do it even now. I double up the levels. It is still a great workout for me, no matter how,"fit," I have become.
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So many typos. I fixed them for you!
    Oh my!!

After reading on here about some of the great results people have had doing 30DS I thought I would give it a go.
    I was sweating madly, heart really racing, my legs were weak and I was starting to shake, I had to take a break!

I'm sure now I need to keep with it! It has lit me on fire and I can't wait to go right the through level 1 lol! What will I be like after I accomplish level 2 and 3??
    I will lose my gut by the end. Can't believe I found such a challenging routine to do at home!!

Now get back to it and fuel your body for this amazing challenge you're taking on for your healthy future!!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    shake it off. try again.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    KEEP GOING! Aim to do a little more each time you do the workout and build up slowly. Ill agree the workout is an absolute killer but like she says, 'you cant expect results in 20 minutes without putting in the effort' (I hate her, Id like to punch her most days)
    Honestly, you will be amazed at how quickly your stamina improves, you can do it! :flowerforyou:

I agree! Keep going, don't give up. How do you think people got these awesome results, everyone has to start at the start. I'm on day 7 & 7 weeks ago had a c-section. It was hard for me too. Really stick with it and things will get easier & you too will be posting before and after pics. Add me if you like, a few girls on my page are doing it too.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    So? Do 16 minutes tomorrow. And 17 the time after that.

If it were easy, everyone would do it!
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    That's 3/4 of the workout you should have stopped. If you find 1 bit hard jog on the spot. Drop the weight or do it slower. Just don't stop moving.

Well done for getting this far 15 mins is not a failure.
  • Monalisa85
    Monalisa85 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Give yourself credit for what you did do! Not too long ago, I began real slow...not the Shred but just exercising. But I had to laugh cause I had done more than I had prior!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step....
  • buckaroos30
    buckaroos30 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the others comments, I have finished the 30 DS twice and I felt the same way the 1st day I thought I would DIE!! she is hard but it's worth it. great workout you will be sore as hell but it will get better and easier. and level 2 and 3 were easier to me than 1.
    I loved the idea of doing it every other day because I get bored doing the same workout for 10 days in a row to move to the next level.
    you can do it just try again and go as far as you can.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    OP my first time I gave in at 7 mins..I am now on day 6 with one rest day and it's getting much easier. Due to back issues I have to modify the modifications too but I am still doing it! Take a look at my blog if you would like.

It's def worth carrying on though
  • successiswithinme
    Options
    Don't quit, thats to easy....work through it and remember that just because its called 30 day shred doesn't mean you have to literally complete it in 30 days....I am personally using the 30 days as a goal but I am not holding myself to it.
    My body tells me when to slow dow, modify or take rest days. I am on level 1 day 6 and I am focused on form vs getting through it and trying to keep up with the video. I am also older than most and I just need to make my daily commitment to exercise. I may not be able to keep up or do all of it today but that 30th day will come for me (not sure how many days it will eventually take) but I will eventually have my day when I feel I have completed it.
  • TrishPretti
    TrishPretti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just purchased 30 day shred today; is there a certain time that it was supposed to start in this thread?
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I could only do about 15 minutes of 6W6P, doesn't help I was doing it in socks and on carpet. Gonna try again soon, wearing shoes of course :)
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is a good accomplishment, not a bad one
  • illbeyourwendy
    illbeyourwendy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I started two days ago and have not been able to do more than 15 minutes, then 18 minutes. But here's my thought, something is better than nothing.

My inability to breathe stops me in my tracks and makes me woozy, but that will become easier as I continue the training, and continue to be more active in my everyday life. I'm hoping to work my way up to the 30 min by the end of my first week, you could also! Good luck!
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You did great! If you need to stop, it's okay. When I first started the shred, I could barely even do the modified moves and was really sore the next day. Better to know your limitations than get injured.

You will be amazed at how much more energy and agility you have in just 7 days! And there is no shame in taking longer than 30 days to finish the program. It took me 6 weeks, but I lost 10 pounds and 12 inches. And then went on to other JM workouts that have raised my fitness to a new level. Stay with it and don't get discouraged!

I highly recommend doing more stretching after the workout than she does. Even if you don't finish, skip to the cool down and stretch. And try to stretch at a different time of day as well. (evening before bed is my favorite) This really helped me!