Low Carb Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Options
xxmzangel
xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
I was looking for a recipe to make almond butter cookies this morning, and found one that looked good, so I adapted it to fit my needs. It took me two tries to get it the way I liked.

8913929741_521af85119.jpg

1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons almond flour*
1/4 cup granulated Splenda**
3 tablespoons milled/ground flaxseed
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup all natural almond butter***
3 large egg whites
1 (35 g) Lindt Excellence 85% Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped (You could add more, this was just easier for me)

*Can use any flour, but I also try to avoid gluten.
**I used Splenda, but you could use regular sugar.
***You could try other nut butters, you may have to adjust other ingredients accordingly. Mine is also no salt.

1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. Mix all the dry ingredients together. (Baking powder, flour, sweetener, cinnamon, and salt)

3. Mix almond butter and egg whites in separate bowl, making sure egg whites have been well incorporated. Add chocolate and mix.

4. Add wet ingredients to dry, mix well. Batter should be pretty sticky.

5. Form ball-esque shapes with the dough, wetting your hands with water in between to keep it from sticking to your fingers. I got about 12. Flatten a little if desired. I didn't, and mine still came out quite good.

6. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until just browning, but still soft. For me it ended up being about 12 minutes.

7. Let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring. When they are cool enough transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

Original recipe can be found here:
http://happyheartedkitchen.blogspot.ca/2013/04/almond-butter-dark-chocolate-chunk.html

Replies

• tcalamity
    tcalamity Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy - I think I may have to try this one. Thanks for sharing :)