"Saddle bags", "Pooch" and "Thunder Thighs"

Options
Hey all,

I have been working very hard and I have started seeing some results, I've lost about 7 pounds in the last month or so. I do a lot of cardio, as I already have more muscle than a woman should! My workout is as follows, give or take:

Monday: 1 hour, spin
Tuesday: 1 hour, Zumba
Wednesday: Break
Thursday, 1 hour, Spin. 1 hour, Zumba
Friday: Break
Saturday: 1 hour, spin, 1 hour zumba
Sunday: Break.

If I can't make it to any of the classes I usually run a few miles and lift weights, sometimes I'll lift weights before class or run if the gym is too crowded beforehand. The areas I really want to lose more in are my lower abs (under my belly button), my "pooch" my "thunder thighs" (inner thigh), and those fat deposits on my back under my bra, my "saddlebags". Does anyone have any exercises for those specific areas that YOU personally have seen success with? I've been told lots of exercises, but no one has been able to tell me they have worked for them. I'm looking for success story exercises! Thanks!

Replies

• sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hello! Here are some exercises which are working VERY well for me!
    For the inner thigh:
    1. Use an exercise ball appropriate for your height. Sit on the ball as though you are sitting on a horse. (Sit way forward on your pelvis. When you do this your toes will end up behind you for stability and your knees will be at a 90 degree angle to the ground. Squeeze the ball and hold if for 10 seconds. Release for 5, then squeeze again for 10. Repeat this for 3-4 sets of 15.

I have lost an entire band width with this exercise for the bra area:
    2. For the Saddle Bags do a seated forward row.
    see this link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53sAzg9P0m4&feature=related
    or this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sfddoI320Y&NR=1

I don't have much to work with for the Pooch...i have the same struggle!
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    My favorite inner thigh exercise: put on some fast paced music, stand with your feet together, then slide your left foot out to the side and snap! it back into place with the music. Then slide back out. Be sure your foot is sliding across the ground the whole time, do not pick it up!

8 counts left, 8 counts right, 4 counts left, 4 counts right, 2 counts left, 2 counts right, left, right, left, right. Repeat til song is over.

We used to do it in dance class and it is GREAT. Plus, it's pretty fun.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Beachbody's Brazilian butt lift completely transformed my lower body. I highly recommend it!!!! There were sooo many exercises and angles to work I couldn't list them all, but the clamshell and the corkscrew really burned
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I'll hit up the lower ab portion here (or your "pooch," I refer to mine as my Kangaroo Pouch haha)

To target that area, I've loved some moves from pilates that emphasize your core. Things like laying on a mat on the floor and doing leg lifts (together, or scissor style) making sure to engage your lower abs can help build the muscle and tighten it.

One thing I had done in the past: If your gym has it, there is a contraption (vertical knee raise station) that l think looks like a really tall chair that is missing it's seat. You hop up in it and can either steady yourself into the "chair" with your arms on the "arm rests" or hang from the straps above. Lift your knees up to your chest/tummy or you can also do this with your legs kept straight so you end up lookling like an L. I really dug doing this because it helped build my arm strength too - can only do as many as your arms can hold you up for!
    (See if this link works for you so you can see what I'm referring to: http://d3f8w3yx9w99q2.cloudfront.net/1270/body-solid-powerline-vertical-knee-raise-chin-dip-machine/body-solid-powerline-vertical-knee-raise-chin-dip-machine_4_0.jpg)

Doing crunches on the stability ball can add extra range of motion to engage more muscles too.

Keep up the cardio and what you've been doing! :) Good job!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    For the pooch, reverse sit ups. Jillian Michaels explains in the 30 day shred that these tackle on that area. So you could either just do the reverse sit ups, or try out 30 day shred, if you haven't already.
  • lew826
    lew826 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of these posts; I think all these exercises help. The thing that has really flattened my lower stomach has been yoga once a week. I was doing all kinds of standard exercises for ages, but yoga, just the easy class at my gym, seems to be really helping me more than anything else did. If you haven't done yoga before, I encourage you to go, I have found instructors and other classmates to be very welcoming. Whatever you choose, good luck!
  • catherine167
    Options
    I will definitely be trying these out! Thanks, and if you think of anymore please feel free to post!