Thighs getting wobbly the more I lose

Options
The more weight I lose, the flabbier my thighs are getting. My thunder-thighs were rock solid before, now they are droopy. It's as though there is too much space for the remaining fat and its pulling the skin down. My thighs jiggled on the treadmill today when i tried running. I had to stop it was so uncomfortable! Cellulite is looking worse too. But I do fit into a smaller size now:smile:

Will this get better or worse the more I lose?

I am doing this weight-lifting program: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147447933, but have not been very consistent the last couple of weeks. Does it have enough leg-work?

Is it the skin that is loose? Will something like dry-brushing help?

Any advice most welcome:flowerforyou:

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    It's loose skin. At your peak weight, your skin stretched *just enough* to cover your body. As your body gets smaller, there's extra skin, and yes, it's going to wiggle. You can use firming lotions, strength train your legs with heavy weights, and basically wait. It will take time.
  • monica2410
    monica2410 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
  • dancerbyday
    dancerbyday Posts: 61
    Options
    I haven't ever had experience with this really, but my advice would be to do some strength training along with your cardio. This way, you can build up muscle in your legs and tighten them up. Other than that, just wait. The skin is stretched, and it will take time to snap back into shape. But you'll get there, don't you worry. ;)
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
  • monica2410
    monica2410 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Thanks for the link. I continue to lose weight at a steady state and am still overweight (but no longer obese!) so this probably doesn't apply to me yet. But it will be good to have this in mind later when I am closer to goal weight.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm going through this now...and I'm at goal weight. I'm doing weight training 2x a week, 2 exercises classes a week, and doing C25K. I'm 2 months past goal weight--but I'm also 58, so my skin has lost its youthful snap:-) I'm going to give my skin and muscles a year or so to find their new normal...in the meantime I'm wearing tighter compression capris to workout--although I miss my thighs clapping and cheering me on.