I want to cry... Weight Gain from Vacation

Options
Hey there,
So... I am confessing that I do have some problems with occasional binge eating. I have been on vacation for two days. Before I left I weighed in at 119.6, but today I weighed in at 123 lbs. I AM FREAKING OUT!!! This is not anything close to normal and I want to literally cry. YES-- I did eat CRAP, straight crap, and I should not have, but I did. I ate peanut brittle, skittles, pretzel m&ms some yogurt, fried food, and a salad here and there. I really want to cry! I am scared none of my clothes will fit.

Any help is appreciated- and yes, I know I am at a healthy weight, just trying to lower my body fat percentage. I tried on some shorts and they do not fit like they should... I bought them 2 weeks ago :(

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Most of that is bloat from eating crap. Eat well, drink plenty of water, and weigh yourself next week.
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    3.4 pounds after a week of debauchery sounds pretty normal to me. But unless you ate an extra 11,900 calories, it's not 'real' weight. You're probably retaining water. Eat healthy, drink water, check back in a week.

ETA:Just saw it was 2 days, not even a week. So that would be almost 6,000 EXTRA calories a day. If you didn't eat that, you'll be good. It will come off soon. No stress.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Definitely water retention. Drink lots of water and watch your sodium intake. The temporary weight you gained will be gone in a few days.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It is 3 lbs. Sorry, 3.4 lbs. Calm down.
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    stop panicking, bloat and water gain will at least be half of that I gained half a stone in one day running a marathon asmy bod went into some scary type of reaction, its taken a month but it's gone now
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Ummm...123 is nothing to cry about. Just get back on your diet and things will work out.
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    your body should have fluxuation of weight and sometimes just having fun is important for mental health. but likely you have sodium weight that will come off withing a week or two
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Most of that is bloat from eating crap. Eat well, drink plenty of water, and weigh yourself next week.

^^ yep ... this! :)

Take a deep breath as well - you are going to ruin the fun you had on vacation -- lifes too short -- don't do that to yourself!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    youre kidding right?
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

Drink wine...you will dehydrate and lose is all.
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Drink more water. if I don't drink a lot one day, I gain like 5lb the next!

Edited to say:
    I think you just ate a lot of salty/sugary **** and didn't properly hydrate yourself.
    You're probably still the same weight, water you're retaining is masking it.
  • Renilicious
    Options
    ...YES-- I did eat CRAP, straight crap, and I should not have, but I did. I ate peanut brittle, skittles, pretzel m&ms some yogurt, fried food, and a salad here and there. I really want to cry! I am scared none of my clothes will fit.

Any help is appreciated- and yes, I know I am at a healthy weight, just trying to lower my body fat percentage. I tried on some shorts and they do not fit like they should... I bought them 2 weeks ago :(

Well, if you eat crap and not exercise you're going to gain weight. Own it, acknowledge it, move on. Sitting there crying over it is not going to solve anything. And that's the end of the tough love from me because I'm right where you are - only you're about 100lb down on me. lol

We all binge occasionally, it happens. It's called enjoying life and taking a break. Don't sweat it. What counts is getting your **** together and getting back to business again.

4lb will not make too much of a difference to your frame and I honestly thing that the fit of your shorts hasn't changed all that much - everything is just exaggerated because you're upset over the gain. Look past the numbers on the scales, pull out the measuring tape and make a comparison that way. Personally I think it's just your body hanging onto the extra food - give it a couple of days to clear from your system and eat well in the meantime.

Get back on the wagon, do what you need to do and it will come straight off again. Good luck.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Lol ^This
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Cry...but keep your Pity Party short and don't bring a covered dish...then return to eating healthy and exercising. There--fixed it.

Oh...and read the sign in your avatar... and then read it again, and again, and again, and ag........
  • stepgonz
    stepgonz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    OMG your acting like its the end of the world. You freaking out over NOTHING. Get over it, you overate, move on. Just eat better and all that BLOAT will come off!!!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    You very likely did not gain 3.4lbs in two days. At least not in fat mass. Calm the eff down.

Seriously, it is 3.4lbs. Why are you freaking out?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I can gain 5 lbs of water weight over night, just from a high-sodium supper.

Stop panicking, drink lots of water, watch it go back to normal.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    You very likely did not gain 3.4lbs in two days. At least not in fat mass. Calm the eff down.

No... Just let happen. She needs to overreact.....burns calories.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Seriously, if you get yourself this worked up over less than five pounds, you might need some professional help. And you should stop weighing yourself so often if normal fluctuations are going to upset you this much.

That said, the gain is probably largely due to a change in diet causing water retention. A pound is 3500 calories worth of calories over your maintenance. It is very unlikely that you gained that much over two days.

This.
    You are up in arms over less than 4Ibs of gain, which rationally and logically is not likely to be real weight anyway, unless you ate in excess of 4000 calories over your maintenance both days. Get a grip.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

No... Just let happen. She needs to overreact.....burns calories.

There are much more fun things to do that burns calories. I'd list them but it'd earn me a strike...but OP should go do these instead of stressing. Life's too short to drama queen it out over 3.4lbs