My 'friend' implied I have an ugly body

Options

Replies

• TheHorribleBlob
    TheHorribleBlob Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Your "friend" sounds exactly like my dad.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    some people feel threatened when a person makes positive changes, It may be pointing to something she is not doing (aka anything, moving forward) I had a friend that used to placate me when I was 100 lbs heavier. I always told her I would lose weight when I was ready, she belittled me all of the time. I am now much thinner and healthier than she is. Do not stoop to her level, be nice to yourself and take positive changes. I am proud you are taking steps to a healthier you!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Some girls are just jealous B******. Like my so called "friend" at work (I don't see how much of a friend she is now), I shared with her how I'm really serious about juicing for lunch and how I just bought a treadmill. Well, she begins ranting about how young single childless women nowadays have ugly bodies and are fat. And how her cousin, who has no children, used to be fat and now lost a lot of weight. Her cousin tried to make her feel bad for not 'trying' to lose weight. She tells me, that once she told her, "You might have lost a lot of weight, but you have extra elastic skin". She asks her cousin to pull her belly skin and they both compared. My "friend" then tells me, "see, even though she lost weight she still has all that lose skin, and even I who have 3 kids am tighter than her".

So here I am listening to this monster. I have no kids and I've lost 34 pounds. What is she trying to imply? that I might lose weight, but still have lose skin, therefore never achieving a nice body? What a sad person she is. I will not allow such negativity in my life.

Instead of cheering me on and congratulating me on my purchase and goals she pushes me down. What a poisonous person.

:indifferent:

1. Juicing...no

2. Who cares what she thinks. She makes no sense.
    3. Who cars?
  • TheHorribleBlob
    TheHorribleBlob Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    When people act that way, just remember it's really not about you - even if the comment sounds directed toward you. It's really that they have anger or hurt or insecurity within themselves, and they're projecting it onto you. I find that reminding myself of this really keeps negative people from having much of an impact on me.

^This
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You could say all this to her face and end the friendship. Just a suggestion.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Glad you got that out. I know I feel better :indifferent:
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Did you feel like putting her in the juicer?

just add some power greens, will be just as bitter but with more fiber.:drinker:
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    When people act that way, just remember it's really not about you - even if the comment sounds directed toward you. It's really that they have anger or hurt or insecurity within themselves, and they're projecting it onto you. I find that reminding myself of this really keeps negative people from having much of an impact on me.

^This

Agreed; some people diet and exercise because they want to be more healthy. Others do it because of a deep rooted sense of insecurity and only exercise to "try" and make themselves feel better around others. For these people, diet and exercise is just a method of fueling their deep rooted sense of narcissism; they have to make themselves look better than everyone else. It sounds like your co-worker leans towards the latter, as do the trolls on this website.

When you're in a coversation with said person, try and notice how often she tries to make herself the center of attention by inerjecting herself into the topic. I'd wager it's more often than not.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

do you has the cliffs?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

do you has the cliffs?

Coworker is a burlitch, Wah wah bad coworker.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options

do you has the cliffs?

Coworker is a burlitch, Wah wah bad coworker.

^^Annointed!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Well congrats on the lost weight. You could stand to lose that 'friend' too!

this. Get "friend" out of your life. Now.
  • MsKriss281
    MsKriss281 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and the dedication. Honestly, ditch the toxic "friend" her negativity will just weigh you down emotionally. I went through the same type of thing with a co-worker of mine and realized the hard way that her negativity was clouding my judgement.

Just remember:
    There are some people who always seem angry and continuously look for conflict and create drama. Walk away. The battle they are fighting isn't with you, it is with themselves.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Some people are just like that! I try my best to ignore those types since they are probably just jealous anyway and their opinions don't matter to me. A true friend will give you support, not bring you down.

Congrats on the lose so far and ignore her rude comments!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    You could say all this to her face and end the friendship. Just a suggestion.
    exactly.

i dont get why people dont say what's bothering them when it's bothering them? maybe she was implying something about the OP, maybe she wasnt but it's pretty easy to find out just by asking at the time.

it's possible that OP is just projecting her own issues and making assumptions. it's also possible that the friend is a jealous biyatch, but really this is why it's best to bring your issues up to your friend first instead of a bunch of strangers.

besides that i also question the need to hear exactly what you want to hear or this person is negative. sounds like you both need to think about what the word friendship means
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well congrats on the lost weight. You could stand to lose that 'friend' too!

Agreed! Get rid of that trash and keep it up, amazing progress!

8215698.png
  • mnflame
    mnflame Posts: 24
    Options
    Well, I think you're doing great! Keep up the good work and don't worry about what some supposed friend is saying. There are people who are just negative about EVERYTHING and they'll make all sorts of excuses about why someone can do something while they can't (i.e. "It's much easier for you to have time to workout, you don't have kids" or "Well sure, if I made enough money, I would join a gym too, but I can't afford it [while I smoke a pack of cigs a day and go out all weekend, every weekend]") Those people are very hard to be around. But stay strong and keep going!

You can friend me if you want :)
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have an ugly body than be an ugly person. Congratulations on your awesome progress!

Oh, and ditch the "friend".
    QFT
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    Some girls are just jealous B******. Like my so called "friend" at work (I don't see how much of a friend she is now), I shared with her how I'm really serious about juicing for lunch and how I just bought a treadmill. Well, she begins ranting about how young single childless women nowadays have ugly bodies and are fat. And how her cousin, who has no children, used to be fat and now lost a lot of weight. Her cousin tried to make her feel bad for not 'trying' to lose weight. She tells me, that once she told her, "You might have lost a lot of weight, but you have extra elastic skin". She asks her cousin to pull her belly skin and they both compared. My "friend" then tells me, "see, even though she lost weight she still has all that lose skin, and even I who have 3 kids am tighter than her".

So here I am listening to this monster. I have no kids and I've lost 34 pounds. What is she trying to imply? that I might lose weight, but still have lose skin, therefore never achieving a nice body? What a sad person she is. I will not allow such negativity in my life.

Instead of cheering me on and congratulating me on my purchase and goals she pushes me down. What a poisonous person.

:indifferent:
    I am sorry to say this but your friend sounds superficial. You should be very proud of your accomplishments. Skin can always be tightened up. Good luck with your weightloss.
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    you don't need people like that in your life!! better alone that in bad company! :)