Anyone on here doing a ketogenic diet?

Options
sravenel
sravenel Posts: 39 Member
Hey guys just wondering if anyone on here is doing a ketogenic diet. I started doing a ketogenic diet last week because I was suffering with severe bloated stomach for the longest time and figured I would try cutting wheat and sugar out of my diet. I honestly can say the bloat is gone and I feel 99.9% better, not 100% because I have been getting headaches due to the adjustment phase. I have also lost 6lbs since starting and my skin has been clearing up. Anyone else having success?

Replies

• juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi what exactly does that mean?
  • sravenel
    Options
    Hi Julie. A ketogenic diet is a high fat, moderate protein, low carb diet. You completely cut all grains and sugar out. Your intake is 65% fat, 30% protein, and 5% carbs.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the stuff that makes Superman weak??

EDIT: Oops, that's krytonite--my bad, carry on.
  • ruthiejewell
    ruthiejewell Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great results! Yes, been doing keto for a year more or less, but only got the fat level high enough in last 3 or so months. Certainly I feel better in every way; can't think of any disadvantages. have mastered resaurants too and with cravings under control its very easy to order salad instead of fries and really enjoy!! I enjoy always learning about keto and finding new recipes. Add me if you wish. Good luck!
  • jococat
    jococat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    jococat here. I've been on a semi keto diet for 5 months. Just started getting serious about following keto w/o dairy today because I just went through a 5 week stall. I believe the problem stall was because of too much dairy, also not enough fat compared to protein. I think I should see good progress from here on out.
  • sravenel
    Options
    Ooops! I just saw my typo 65% fat/ 30% (not 15%)protein/ 5% carbs. Sorry about that.
  • sravenel
    Options
    Have any of you experience a lack in appetite? I have noticed my ravenous appetite has been obliterated since starting this diet as well. As a matter of fact I almost have to force myself to eat. The only thing I have eaten today was 2 slices of bacon and a cup of tea with heavy cream and I just realised it is almost 9 p.m.