blew it after only 2 days

Options
Can't believe it was so easy! I thought I was eating healthy. But today we had bbq-d smokies and potato salad with lite mayo and boy did that ever add up. I went 43 calories over the limit. I will be much more careful tomorrow. No more smokies for this gal. no no no.

Replies

• rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    you only blow it if you give up ... and 43 calories i would say pretty close to perfect!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    went 43 calories over the limit..

....I'd say that is FAR from "blowing" it....
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    43 cals over your daily limit is not blowing it. Part of eating right for the rest of your life is having days that you can eat a little more and enjoy yourself.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You have such an extreme attitude! You didn't blow it :smile: - not even close!

Also, try to think of it this way: If you've programmed your MFP goals to reflect wanting to lose at least 1 lb per week, then your daily goal is at least 500 calories BELOW your maintenance calories for the day. So "blowing" it, as you say, is really just having a deficit of about 460 calories instead of 500 calories.

Not only are you not going to gain weight with a deficit like that, you're still losing! Try to ditch the all-or-nothing attitude :smile: - we are human, and if you want to make this change last, you will need to be flexible, and to be a whole lot kinder to yourself! :flowerforyou:.
  • MichaelNapper
    MichaelNapper Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Haha, not even close to blowing it. Today was a blow it day (thank you Boston Pizza). 43 cals over is probably still under in regards to losing weight. Just keep coming out and tracking and you'll be just fine. Having the odd bad day does not kill your weight loss.

Mike
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You only blow it if you give up...listen to what the others have said.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    you didn't blow it at all!!! you did great! success isn't about being perfect everyday! relax and enjoy the ride! :)
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    went 43 calories over the limit..

....I'd say that is FAR from "blowing" it....

at christmas I'd say I went over by 1000 cals... didn't blow it at all. infact I lost more weight that week.

43 is no biggie.

infact its a complete no event. so don't stress!
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I saw someone else post this...somewhere, and liked the analogy! If you forgot to brush your teeth, would you give up on dental hygiene altogether? Nope! Eating well is a lifestyle, and if you make mistakes (which you will) just keep on going. Sometimes on my small "over" days, I just roll the calories to the next day. Usually works pretty well, and helps me stay motivated without feeling like Ive done something wrong :)
  • nikilis
    Options
    you blew it after only two....oh i guess I read that wrong nvm;)

hahaha.... all kinds a nuts.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Forty-three calories isn't much at all.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Who says BBQ and Potato Salad can't be healthy? Healthy eating isn't all fruit and salad and gluten-free PB&J's. Mental health is also important! In my journey, I've found that if I can't have BBQ and cake, i'm doing it wrong. Because life without either of those things sounds horrid. I make it healthy by eating in moderation and allowing for treats. Be easy on yourself! This is a life change! If you can't live your life, then what's the point? :)

PS- 43? that's nothing. Calm down and look at the long run.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options

That'd be more than 43 calories, depending on which db selection you choose.

And OP, 43 calories is not blowing anything. I've been over by thousands. Still didn't blow it. You probably burned 43 calories typing this post. So you're good now.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Think of it in terms of averages.........you were probably more than the 43 cal under each of the previous 2 days, if you average them out you're still good.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I go over by 300 to 700 calories, then I try to make most of it up over the week. But 100 or so either way isn't such a big deal IMO and if I am measuring properly.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You could work that off easily and then you wouldn't have gone over at all! It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Cutting back and making better choices. You didn't blow it, it's all good!
  • jentris
    jentris Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    43 calories is nothing!

A brisk walk will fix that and make you feel good!
  • BraveKath
    BraveKath Posts: 1
    Options
    Relax and don't beat yourself up over 43 calories or even 1000, as long as that 1000 is a rarity. Remember the old story of the tortise and the hare, so keep plugging away. 43 calories over is far, far from blowing it. It's good to eat food with everyone else as we all have to learn to eat in the real world or else if not today, then down the road we'll stumble and fall and not know how to get back up. So instead of being negative about 43 calories, I would view this as a big success you ate regular food along with everyone else and ended up under a 100 calories over your target caloric intake -- that's awesome and a success.
  • nikilis
    Options

That'd be more than 43 calories, depending on which db selection you choose.

And OP, 43 calories is not blowing anything. I've been over by thousands. Still didn't blow it. You probably burned 43 calories typing this post. So you're good now.

oh. I think I just burnt 43 cals snorting and laughing at a vigurous pace. I enjoyed your comment very much, thank you.