blew it after only 2 days

Options
2»

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    43 cals is nothing. Heck, a 20 minute walk would probably get rid of that. RELAX. :flowerforyou:

ETA: 1200 calories is a very low number for most people anyway. If you go to the BMR calculator and it says your BMR is higher than that, you'll probably want to increase your calories to your BMR. (I say probably because I'm not your doctor and I haven't tested your metabolic rate.)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I created my account ate well for a week. Did not log in for a month. Got bk on and a year later im 60bs lighter.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    43 calories is nothing! You've got to find a way to ditch the "if I don't do it perfectly every time I won't be successful attitude!" Believe me, weightloss is all about improvising. Sometimes I eat more than I was planning, or my friends invite me out for dinner at a not-so-healthy restaurant. But I don't stop living, or give up the foods I love. I just find a good balance. Work out a bit more the next day, or only eat ONE cookie instead of three. Diets are give and take.

Don't get down on yourself. You'll get the hang of it!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    43 calories = not blowing it.

4300 calories = blowing it. :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary and only eating 1200 calories, maybe your body is telling you need more fuel. Just a thought. :ohwell:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    If you added 200 calories to your daily intake, you'd be under!

I'd bet you could even eat up to 1500 calories a day and still lose.
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14158-lean-on-me
    Great support and motivational group here at MFP! :)
  • Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Options
    I lost 21 pounds and I went over by 43 calories every other day :P
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it was so easy! I thought I was eating healthy. But today we had bbq-d smokies and potato salad with lite mayo and boy did that ever add up. I went 43 calories over the limit. I will be much more careful tomorrow. No more smokies for this gal. no no no.

That is not blowing it! Silly..........
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Many false starts occur at the beginning of this race. Don't sweat it. There are plenty more opportunities for success.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Um.

You are still in a deficit.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    43 cals over is not blowing it.

i feel accomplished if i'm within 100 cals either way. and i've had some weight loss.

it's only two days, don't be all or nothing about this or it'll get the best of you. You did great!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's a target. 100 calories over or 100 under still hits home.