MFP Runner's Club June 28

Options
kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning

Today is a rest day for me. Tomorrow I'll be running at least 8 miles.

Enjoy the day:flowerforyou:
-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    Options
    Good morning

Today is a rest day for me. Tomorrow I'll be running at least 8 miles.

Enjoy the day:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Just finished 9.5 miles. I thought it was longer (sure felt like it :grumble: ) but not according to 'mapmyrun'.

Now, must....go....eat.....:sick:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Yay! Excellent Shannon!:drinker:

I need to go above 8 miles on my long run tomorrow. I don't know if I have the courage yet. Forget courage. I don't know if I have the strength.:laugh:

Congratulations
    -Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Yay! Excellent Shannon!:drinker:

I need to go above 8 miles on my long run tomorrow. I don't know if I have the courage yet. Forget courage. I don't know if I have the strength.:laugh:

Congratulations
    -Kechie.

You're one of our most consistent runners here, you can definately do it!! :drinker:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Thanks!:smooched:

Enjoy all those extra calories today:bigsmile:
    -Kechie.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    *high five* shannon.....You are a running machine girl!!! woot!!!!

and kechie...good luck tomorrow sweetie...8 miles is a nice stretch!!!

I did my 4...a little more actually...maybe a .25 mile...lol but pushing Nick in the jogger....he loved it LOL...me ah not so much...especially up those dam hills...but I loved the company...:love: my little monkey....just seeing his big grin and hearing his giggle keeps me going...that and com'on!!! you can dooo it momma!!! LMBO:drinker:

well have a great day all!!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Huge thunderstorms for us today.
    I have my 10-12k planned for tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Shannon, you are so ready for your 1/2 marathon!

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Way to go Shannon and Ali!! Good luck to Kechie and Mireille for tomorrow.

No run for me today. I did my P90X shoulders and arms workout this morning and then did several fitness evaluations after. I do not know what I was thinking when I worked out before the evaluations. I still did well. I scored above the 90th percentile for my age group on several evaluations.. The lowest I scored was 77th percentile on one test.

I am going long tomorrow. Keep up the great efforts!!
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi all! Can I join the MFP Runner's Club? I start my 20-week half marathon training on Monday. :)
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Absolutely! It sounds like you and I are on the same mission. My half is Nov 2.

This group is super friendly and supportive. We check in daily to post our walks, runs, and rest days.

It is great to have you join us and I look forward to hearing from you soon.:happy:

-Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Hi all! Can I join the MFP Runner's Club? I start my 20-week half marathon training on Monday. :)

Which program are you using?
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Reason 5,092,688 why I love you guys ~ :heart:

Mentioned on another forum re: my run this morning & someone replied, "are you out of your f'ing mind? That's stupid."

I'm not happy!! :angry:

Thanks for your support, ya'll. It means a lot! :smooched:
  • kechiemc
    Options

Mentioned on another forum re: my run this morning & someone replied, "are you out of your f'ing mind? That's stupid."

You're welcome Shannon! I am amazed by the number of people willing to criticize us for running. I would never criticize someone who does not run for not running. Maybe I should start.:devil:

Sample conversation:
    "Today I ran 10 miles!"
    "Are you out of your f'ing mind? That's stupid."
    "I would not expect a fat person to understand":tongue:

Runner's Unite!
  • Shannon023
    Options

You're welcome Shannon! I am amazed by the number of people willing to criticize us for running. I would never criticize someone who does not run for not running. Maybe I should start.:devil:

Sample conversation:
    "Today I ran 10 miles!"
    "Are you out of your f'ing mind? That's stupid."
    "I would not expect a fat person to understand":tongue:

Runner's Unite!

lmbo!!! Thanks Kechie! I needed that!! :laugh:
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    I was just curious what the runners club is, and can anyone join?

I used to run everyday when I was in the military and now I that I am back, I have started with 3 miles a day. It would be great to get back to where I was.
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody,
    Sorry that I'm checking in so late! I can't believe someone would dis you for running! Sheer jealousy I say :laugh: Our air quality is sooo bad and the temps are 107 so our running club was canceled tonight! I went to the gym though and run on the treadmill. Walked 5 minutes, ran 20, walked 10. It was lonely but at least I got my run in. Saturday is our long run and I hope the smoke has cleared by then!
    See you all tomorrow!
    Bunny
  • mb2bthin
    mb2bthin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ummm, hello you runners. I want to do the same but I'm a newbie runner and need lots of support. I am just getting started and running 5 minutes is huge for me. Love to walk though :blushing: However, used to run when I was younger and in shape. Loved running back then and really really want to get back into it. Any tips for a wanna be like you?:flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    I was just curious what the runners club is, and can anyone join?

I used to run everyday when I was in the military and now I that I am back, I have started with 3 miles a day. It would be great to get back to where I was.

Hi there

Anyone can join the MFP Runner's Club. We're just a supportive group. Some of us walk, some of us run, some of us run inside, some of us run outside. Check in daily and post your runs, walks, or rest days. Questions, challenges, advice, and encouragement are provided free of charge.:wink:

See you on MFP Runner's Club July 9 post
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    ummm, hello you runners. I want to do the same but I'm a newbie runner and need lots of support. I am just getting started and running 5 minutes is huge for me. Love to walk though :blushing: However, used to run when I was younger and in shape. Loved running back then and really really want to get back into it. Any tips for a wanna be like you?:flowerforyou:

Use your favorite search engine to search on "Couch to 5K". This is a great training program for new runners. I started running last year. I could not run for more than 2 minutes without needing a break. Two weeks ago I ran 9 miles without stopping. You can do it. Hang in there and join the MFP Runner's Club for support.

• mb2bthin
    mb2bthin Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Use your favorite search engine to search on "Couch to 5K". This is a great training program for new runners. I started running last year. I could not run for more than 2 minutes without needing a break. Two weeks ago I ran 9 miles without stopping. You can do it. Hang in there and join the MFP Runner's Club for support.

Hiya Kechie,

Thank you for that info. I can know add to my about me area that one of my inspirations is you:flowerforyou: I hope to be running 8 miles + in one year. Awesome. I did google Couch to 5k and will follow it. hugs