Low Calorie Banana Muffins

Options
crevices
crevices Posts: 226 Member
Lowest calorie I could ever really find and make for muffins. Of course you can play around with the recipe however you like, but I make these for my family almost every week and they go really fast! Such a guilt-free snack for me. I also make these in thought of my diabetic and overweight father since he loves sweets and he LOVES these.

Makes: 18 servings

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups mashed bananas
2 tbsp sweetener (or 1/2 cup sugar)
4 egg whites (or 2 large eggs)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
+ any other fruit you want (1 cup blueberries or 1 cup strawberries, etc.)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan/paper muffin cups.
2. Combine whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl
3. Combine banana, sugar/sweetener, egg/egg whites, and vanilla extract in separate bowl. Blend until mixed, then add apple sauce. Mix again.
4. Slowly combine dry mixture to wet mixture. Blend well. (*if the batter is too dry, add milk. i use water)
5. Scoop the batter into pan/cups. Bake 15-20 minutes (check with toothpick, when batter stops sticking take them out)
6. Let cool before serving and EAT!

*Calories: 78 Total Fat: 0.2g Cholestrol: 0mg Sodium: 116mg Total Carbs: 16.9g Dietary Fiber: 1.2g Sugars: 3.6g Protein: 2.5g* rough estimate

I usually store them in my fridge, they taste yummy when cold (banana bread-like taste) or you can pop them in the microwave before serving again.

Replies