What are some foods you've always wanted to try?

jamielynas
jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
A few of mine are :Sweet potato pie,pumpkin pie, Peanut butter crunch cereal, a peanut butter cup and some proper chicken and waffles!

Replies

• dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Squirrel, guinea pig. ostrich, yak, elk.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member

Squirrel is really good! Kind of greasy but good.

Strangely enough, I've always wanted to try a regular avocado. I've had guacamole but never plain avocado.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    A few of mine are :Sweet potato pie,pumpkin pie, Peanut butter crunch cereal, a peanut butter cup and some proper chicken and waffles!

yum, Yum, eeh, YUM and not sure about the last.

Mine was Sushi...Loved it. :bigsmile:
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member

Squirrel is really good! Kind of greasy but good.

Strangely enough, I've always wanted to try a regular avocado. I've had guacamole but never plain avocado.

Waited until I was in my 40s before I could be convinced to try avocadoes or guacamole. LOVE both so if you like guacamole you will like plain avocado. Just plain with some sea salt...yum!

Tried quinoa for the first time also awhile back. Surprised but I liked it. I'm a very picky eater so not a lot of foods that I've always wanted to try...
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Ostrich is phenominal! I had an ostrich steak and a burger. LEAN, LEAN, LEAN...red meat. So tender, so delicious.

I want to try beef tartar (sp?). It's a huge delicacy in France...I like my steaks rare, but I hear tartar is the cat's meow when it comes to rare.
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Durian, and chocolate-covered ants/grasshoppers!
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    I've tried cooked oysters before, but I've been wanting to try it raw!
  • Chelle377
    Chelle377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    I wanna try Sushi ...:smile:
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Sweet Potato Pie is something I've not had. Crawdads is also something I would like to try in some sort of Cajun dish.

Maybe swordfish. and fresh from the tree mangosteen or dragon fruit
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    I wanna try Sushi ...:smile:

It's really good and there is something for everyone, so if one type doesn't suit you, just try another.
  • nucgirl13
    nucgirl13 Posts: 56 Member
    Goats milk, kangaroo, camel. A lot of the guys I worked with were in the navy and traveled where they were served these things. I always like trying new foods and am so jealous I haven't had the opportunity yet.

I have to give a huge thumbs up to: venison, elk, bison, ostrich and boar meat. I had a boar burger and it was super delicious I would love to try it cooked another way.
    I also tried pumpkin pie for the first time this year - pretty tasty with a lot of whipped cream on it.

I will say that trying to eat healthier and get in shape has prompted me to try a lot of new foods which I've really enjoyed (quinoa, kale, sweet potato, green beans, brussel sprouts, chicken sausage, Greek yogurt, protein powder)

• I want to try beef tartar (sp?). It's a huge delicacy in France...I like my steaks rare, but I hear tartar is the cat's meow when it comes to rare.

That's because it is raw meat!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    How in world have you never had a peanut butter cup?

Durian for me. Never been in a place where I could get it though.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    I sort of want to try durian but I'm scared.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Sweet Potato Pie is something I've not had. Crawdads is also something I would like to try in some sort of Cajun dish.

Maybe swordfish. and fresh from the tree mangosteen or dragon fruit
    I used to get nice fresh dragon fruit from one of the local Asian markets. It tastes like kiwi and they look pretty when you cut them open.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member

Squirrel, yak, moose, seal, beaver, ramps.

I've recently crossed a few off:
    Razor clams, horse, foie gras.
  • dbmata

Ever been to Tijuana in the summer?

I've had durian, twice. It smelled and tasted like a finely aged sewer in the middle of a summer drought. Not just any sewer, but a tijuana sewer after a few busloads of frat boys have gone through.
  • dbmata

I want to try beef tartar (sp?). It's a huge delicacy in France...I like my steaks rare, but I hear tartar is the cat's meow when it comes to rare.

That's because it is raw meat!

Yup, and super easy to make at home. I will buy a rib eye primal and cut it up for wrapping while keeping the trimmings. I'll then pound them flat, cover in kosher salt, rough cracked black pepper, and a touch of truffle oil along with a little olive oil.

Divine.
  • Oriole15
    Oriole15 Posts: 58

Squirrel, yak, moose, seal, beaver, ramps.

I've recently crossed a few off:
    Razor clams, horse, foie gras.

Had moose last winter it was meh. Maybe I cooked it wrong but it was a bit tough and didn't taste as gamey as I expected. I would say it was like really chewy, not particularly tasty version of venison.

If you have squirrel let me know what it's like. I would expect it to be a lot like rabbit.
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member

Ever been to Tijuana in the summer?

I've had durian, twice. It smelled and tasted like a finely aged sewer in the middle of a summer drought. Not just any sewer, but a tijuana sewer after a few busloads of frat boys have gone through.

LOL!! That makes me want to try it even more. I have to experience for myself the grossness of it all