I'm new! Anyone need to lose 10 stubborn pounds?

Options
This is my first post on here. Not really sure how it all works but giving it a try!

I've been logging my meals and fitness for about a month but now need some friends to see my diary and give me suggestions or tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

I weigh low 140's and would like to lose 10 pounds. Looking for others who are in the same boat!

Let's encourage each other!
Thanks, Michelle

Replies

• Nano1360
    Nano1360 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 135! But I want to get around 110!
    Would love to share my journey with you! Feel free to add me!
  • taylor030808
    Options
    Hi i am Tina i have only been on here bout a week. I m looking for a workout buddy. I have been using Advocare and its amazing I have lost 4 inches on my hips 3 on my bust and 4 on my waist.
  • idagaines
    idagaines Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ive been trying to lose 10lbs for 6 months now and I cant!!! Add me and see if we can do this together.
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off of here but I am also in the low 140's and really want to lose those 10 stubborn pounds. Just started the 30 day shred today and the 30 day squat challenge. I'll add you, OP :)

I eat pretty clean already but I'm going to try to cut out wheat, sugar, and dairy as much as possible. I noticed that the last 2 weeks - since I started having yogurt regulary (greek w stevia) I'm having a tough time. Going to be realistic...can't be perfect but 1 day down and 29 to...I can survive anything for 29 more days....right?! :wink:

We got this!
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    Hi I feel your pain. Trying to get from 202 to 190 ...it's been a bit of a grind. But be patient get your exercise in and stay on track with MFP and you'll see results.
  • emily_ebooks
    emily_ebooks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose at least ten more pounds! I'm 135 right now, and I really want to get down to at least 120-125 by the end of summer.
  • AmandaN07
    AmandaN07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started on here yesterday and started my logging today! I am also in the low 140s and would like to lose the last 10-15 pounds :) Im happy to make some new friends on here too.
  • AndreaElsa26
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too. I need to lose quite a bit more than you. I weighed in at the doctor's on Wednesday & the scale read 218. I can't believe I've allowed myself to get this big. I'm actually ashamed of myself. I want to lose possibly 30-40 pounds. Best of luck to you & any suggestion's you may have for me would be greatly appreciated!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newcomers!! I've been trying to get to 158 (my pre pregnancy weight) I weight in yesterday at 164.6. U can add me to if u want!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I weigh around 135ish or so trying to get down to 125. :flowerforyou:
  • Smurftastic
    Smurftastic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose the last 10lbs for months and have had no luck! Feel free to add me.
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    ye same stubborn is right add me
  • ollieblu
    ollieblu Posts: 1
    Options
    I do !
    I'm new here and trying to figure out all that MFP can do. I think the last 10 pounds are the most stubborn!! I currently weigh 141 but want to weigh 130. It seems like I go 1 step forward and 2 steps back trying to find the right combo between food, exercise and staying motivated. Lets work together:happy
    :
    Any sugesstions or advice is welcome.
    Arianna
  • MidnightDave
    MidnightDave Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nutrition and exercise TOGETHER are the key, also you may have to shake things up in either or both categories if you're at a plateau. Eliminate a routine and non-essential food, try a different exercise and if you're not doing some kind of resistance training, add it--muscle not only makes you healthier, (and arguably better looking), it burns calories. I'm 6'2" with a small frame and about to get back into the 160s that I haven't seen in decades, yep, I'm old too. That last ten pounds is soon to be out of here for me and you can do it, too!
  • mrsriisky
    mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat! I just joined today to see if mfp can help me kick my butt into shape and stay honest. I'm at 128.5, have lost about 14 lbs, but the last 5, for me, are killer. Especially since I know I need to incorporate exercise- that last 5 lbs won't do much for my appearance or health unless I'm toning up and getting into better shape!

Good luck on your journey, keep motivated! WE CAN DO THIS.
  • simonc14
    simonc14 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm down to the last 15lbs or so, but I think it's going to be a slog. Started at 245, now at 210, but would like to get to about 195.

Still, I'm not in any rush, it's more a lifestyle thing, right?

Feel free to friend me!
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    5:2
  • hira11
    hira11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am at 143 pounds and I need to get to at least 125 pounds. I lost about 130 pounds two years ago and since then my weight has been more or less consistent. Would love to join you.
  • Jumjane
    Jumjane Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi.. I just started today. I think I have about the same to lose..im working on kilos...im now 63 i think, which is way too much for me. I really need to get down to about 58kilos to start and ideally then 55kilos. It is so so hard to cut out wine!!! :drinker:
  • LexyLou_5
    LexyLou_5 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hey all,

i am 147 ish lb and wanting to get to down another 14lb at least..... grrrr its up then it goes down then damn i am back up a few more

Started the 30 day shred again the 2nd time, have completed day 4, have had to take a few days break due to CF but hopefully i'll be back on it in a few days