zumba???

Options
I started doing zumba last night and i love it so far. I was wondering if anyone has done it ? I was just wondering if you have had good results i have never found a workout i enjoy as much as this i just hope it works!

Replies

• kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I go twice a week. I love it. At first I was a little clumsy, but not I am learning the routines and have a blast! It's fun to work out and enjoy it too.
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have been hearing a lot about Zumba. I think it is something I would enjoy. Does anyone know if there are any good Zumba DVDs out there that aren't real expensive?
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't know... but would like to ask?? What is it????::embarassed:
  • taradenee
    Options
    I found my on amazon.com. Im not a good dancer but i had so much fun doing it. it isnt a normal boring workout you are doing somethin new the whole time.
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I don't know... but would like to ask?? What is it????::embarassed:

It's a workout that combines different Latin dance moves. A lot of gyms offer Zumba classes and there are a few DVDs out there as well. Many people like it because they find the dancing to be fun rather than typical aerobic exercises.
  • linz1976
    linz1976 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing it for a wee while and ive found that it tones up the waist and also tightens up my bum. All good ..... I was at a class last night and I wore my heart rate monitor and I used up 495 calories in the hour. Pretty good for dancing around enjoying myself.
  • Raynedancer
    Options
    I am guessing there is more than one Zumba DVD out there. Can anyone suggest specific title name (s), so I know what to look for, please?
  • MINIETA27
    Options
    Hi lowamama, Zumba is just a great workout, if you log in in the website www.zumbafitness.com you will receive a good deal, that where I got my, I think that is 3 payments of 19 or go to craiglist too. I hope this info will be helpful for you!!
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Zumba is awesome! I am a recently certified instructor and as someone who was not much of a dancer, i sure love doing zumba and shaking my *kitten*! I've found that I now have a waistline which is awesome!

as far as DVDs I think the only official ones would have the name ZUMBA on them. Zumba is a trademarked name, so anyone not part of Zumba couldn't go around selling DVDs that say Zumba.

That being said, if you can find the time to go to a class instead of staying home - I highly recommend it, as the party feel is more evident in person. Check out www.zumba.com to find a class or instructor near you! :)
  • linz1976
    linz1976 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It is 1 guy think his name is Bepo or something like that who came up with the zumba idea , so all dvd's ive seen have him in them.
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Go to www.zumba.com they have the dvd- todal body transformation, and other information.

I do the dvd's and i love them. It works for me, i dont go to a gym nor do i have the time to go out.
  • sherry_80
    sherry_80 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Every dvd is a different dance combination. so it never gets boring
  • Raynedancer
    Options
    MINIETA27 and thenebean9, thanks so much for the info :flowerforyou:
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have been going to Zumba classes 2x a week for about 10 months. I absolutely love it and hate it when I have to miss a class. I burn 450 - 600 calories per hour. Nothing else does that for me.

I have never done the DVD's. I am sure they are fun, but for me being in the class with everyone else is what makes it really exciting and it goes by really fast. I'm totally addicted.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I found the Zumba Dvds online by just typing Zumba into Google. i haven't got any yet but they weren't really expensive. They seem like they might be fun.
  • hels4397
    hels4397 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 100% honest with you - Zumba has changed my life. For the longest time, I've HATED exercising. Nevermind running. FORGET IT! From the time I graduated college in 2005, I gained over 50lbs, and I needed something...I took a friend's class that she gave at the school I was working at, and fell in love with it. Now granted, I have no Latin genes in me (I'm as white girl as they come!). That's being said, I've worked up my confidence to move from the back corner to being an instructor. And have shed 30 lbs in the process.

The nice thing about Zumba is that you're working out without even realizing it! Plus, depending on the instructor, they mix in top 40 music, and stuff other than salsa & merengue. I would highly recommend Zumba to anyone who's in the market for having a good time and shaking their booty. They don't say "Ditch the workout, Join the Party" for nothing!

As Thenebean9 mentioned, go to http://www.zumba.com to find an instructor, or order the DVD set. (My personal opinion is that it's so much more fun to be in class with other people - drag a friend to go with you!)

You HAVE to try it just once :)
  • shanana04
    Options
    I agree I love zumba! I go to an amazing instructor who gives us the best workout!!! I HATE to excercise and this has helped me out so much b/c it is just like dancing to have fun and not like a chore. Of course I prefer our instructor though instead of the videos b/c she does alot more hip hop type dancing and I find that alot of fun. But the videos are great to!