In need of some good breakfast and dinner foods!

I've been noticing lately, that for breakfast I've been eating too much sugar, (usually 2% milk and a piece of fruit) and for dinner, I am making the same four things over and over again (Spaghetti, bean tacos, chili, and rices). **Also can anyone tell me if these meals are good for you? They always have a side of a fruit and/or veggie everyday.

Can you guys give me a typical "good day" for you, including your workouts? And tell me corrections for mine

A Typical day.. (I have all summer free, so mine will differ from yours, timewise)

9AM:
Cup of 2% milk
2 Large, fresh strawberries
1/2 cup of baby carrots

12pm:
Salad w/ light Italian dressing boiled broccoli and chunks of ham
Large glass of water
Banana

1-4pm:
Swimming for about an hour, moderate effort
Running 2 miles, moderate effort
Walking 2 miles, 2-3mph
Large Cup water
Bike riding (road bike) 10-12 mph moderate effort
Large Cup of water

6pm: 1 1/2 cup Spaghetti w/ "Garlic and herb Sauce"
large glass of water

7-9pm" 2 Large Glasses of water

________________________________-

Am I eating right? Should I be eating more, less, better? How's your day?

Replies

• Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    That seems like an unhealthily small amount of food to me. What does it add up to in calories?

I usually eat egg whites scrambled with mushrooms, a side of peas, and some kind of greens for breakfast (baby spinach or mixed greens), along with some toast since I always want something crunchy in the morning.

Usually chicken breast with vegetables and some other side at dinner, possibly quinoa. Sometimes substitute fish, but chicken is just a lot easier. :)
  • miahraglin
    miahraglin Posts: 10 Member
    You might want to add 1 cup of whole grain cereal or 1/2 cup of oatmeal to your breakfast. Try a broth based soup for lunch along with a tossed green salad and fruit and for dinner baked skinless chicken breast green beans or broccoli and 1/2 cup brown rice.
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Having a look at your meals, for milk i actually go for milk from the cow.. ie full fat and creamy. Google this as the science proves that milk is a superfood!

I see you eat spaghetti at night, this isn't such a bad thing as it helps you sleep, i would also add some protein to this meal.

your breakfast does seem a bit light, however may i ask how you feel? I would add some oats with the strawberries and have that with full fat milk.

For snacks i would go for healthy fats, such as nuts, nut butter, boiled eggs, crunchy fruit and veg.

hope this helps,any questions please feel free to message me.
  • LeaveMeAtPeace
    LeaveMeAtPeace Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you guys. :) I do feel like I'm eating too little some day, but I often add in snacks such as cucumbers and beans or a ham sandwich between my exercises. Thanks for the suggestions, guys, I really appreciate it.