Chia Seed

Options

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
    Based on a recipe from ChoosingRaw.com, this “pudding” may look less than appetizing, but its fun texture will please tapioca pudding lovers while the chocolate flavor will win over chocoholics in search of a healthier version of creamy chocolate pudding.

Ingredients:

Serves One

1/4 cup of chia seeds

3/4 cup of almond milk

1 tbsp. cocoa powder

Small spoonful of sugar (1 – 2 tsp.)

Directions:

Combine chia seeds and almond milk. Stir in cocoa powder and sugar. Let sit for 30 minutes or overnight until mixture has thickened. Stir and enjoy!
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    Chia Seed Smoothie Bowl
    Perfect for a hot summer day, this smoothie bowl includes both fruit and vegetables, all under the guise of a creamy, cold chocolate treat.

Ingredients:

Serves One

1 1/4 c. almond milk (or milk of choice)

1 scoop chocolate protein powder

1 c. frozen strawberries

1/2 frozen banana

1 tbsp. cocoa powder

1 tsp. xanthan gum (optional – adds thickness)

1 tbsp. chia seeds (plus more for garnish)

1 large handful fresh spinach

Directions:

Pour almond milk into blender and top with remaining ingredients. Blend on high until smooth, thick texture is achieved. Pour into a bowl, garnish with chia seeds and enjoy.
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Protein Pudding
    Full of healthy fat and protein, this creamy, peanut buttery pudding has some serious staying power and tastes like an indulgent dessert.

Ingredients:

2 tbsp. chia seeds

½ c. milk

2 tbsp. peanut butter

½ scoop chocolate protein powder

Directions:
    Combine chia seeds and milk and let sit for about 15 minutes, until mixture begins to thicken. Stir peanut butter into chia seed mixture. Stir protein powder into chia seed mixture until fully combined.
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    Peanut Butter Banana Chia Seed Roll Up
    This roll up is the perfect breakfast for those on the go! With no cooking or time-consuming prep work involved, a wholesome breakfast is served in two minutes flat!

Ingredients:

Serves One

1 whole wheat tortilla

1 ½ tbsp. peanut butter

1 banana

½ tbsp. chia seeds

Directions:

Spread tortilla with peanut butter. Place banana on the one side of the tortilla and sprinkle with chia seeds. Roll tortilla and banana until the banana is completely wrapped in the tortilla. Enjoy!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    They are delicious in overnight oatmeal and it's VERY filling. I make mine with:

1/3 cup plain fat free Greek Yogurt
    1/3 cup skim milk
    1 1/2 tsp chia seeds
    Mix those up, then add 1/4 to 1/3 cup old fashioned oats (not the instant kind)
    A bit of Splenda or honey or 1/2 of a very ripe banana to sweeten (use any sweetener you like, or use sweetened yogurt)
    1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit.
    Mix it all up then top with more fruit if you want.

Vary it with nuts, cocoa, peanut butter. The combos are unlimited.

Skinnytaste.com has a lot of recipes I love.
  • hsubharas
    hsubharas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I put a couple teaspoons in my protein shake. Easy.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    these are some great recipes-I just picked up some chia seeds this week and have been putting them in my smoothies. I can't wait to try some of these ideas.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering the benefits of them. I have heard people talking about them but don't really know that much.
  • goldianmom
    Options
    Can you kindly send me your meatloaf/burger recipe with chia?
    Thanks!
    Diane
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    The absorb liquid and expand- reminding me of tapioca pearls to look at.
    I choose vegan liquids, like juice, fruit pulp, coconut, almond or oat milk as a base then add goji berries, oats or cooked rice or millet etc sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds or nuts for a lovely little bowl of goodness.
    Let the chia and goji's soak in to the liquid overnight. Add the crunchy things in the morning.
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I usually put them in my yogurt and let them sit for a while so they get soft. I eat Holy Crap Cereal everyday which is a blend of chia seeds, hemp seeds, buckwheat, dried raisins, dried apples and cinnamon. It's delicious and really good for you! I also throw chia seeds into cookies, muffins, and bread that I'm baking.
  • Lila90
    Lila90 Posts: 27
    Options
    I use them:

-for chia seed pudding (any flavor)
    -in oatmeal
    -as an egg alternative (when baking)
    -in smoothies
    -in granola bars
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Luckybarc
    Luckybarc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I soak them and then add them to my greek yogurt. Looks terrible but tastes yummy.
  • MaepleT95
    MaepleT95 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I love me some Chia Seeds!

I add them to pretty much anything(the are virtually tasteless). When going to the gym, I load up my water bottle with 1 scoop of Chia seeds, lemon slices and cucumber. Natures energy drink! I add them to oatmeal, rice, quinoa, yogurt, granola, etc.
  • tarotlou
    tarotlou Posts: 47
    Options
    Bump
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Protein Pudding
    Full of healthy fat and protein, this creamy, peanut buttery pudding has some serious staying power and tastes like an indulgent dessert.

Ingredients:

2 tbsp. chia seeds

½ c. milk

2 tbsp. peanut butter

½ scoop chocolate protein powder

Directions:
    Combine chia seeds and milk and let sit for about 15 minutes, until mixture begins to thicken. Stir peanut butter into chia seed mixture. Stir protein powder into chia seed mixture until fully combined.

That's similar to how I have it as a snack but instead of protein powder I use cocoa powder and I like it with sweetened almond milk, I let it get really cold and it's like having an ice cream shake.

Now I just soak the seeds and add 3 tbsp mint chlorophyll, it's like a mint jello and it calms my late night cravings and keeps me regular.

I used to make chia fresca with it but was using lemon and sugar which together r a no no, that was just until I got used to it.

I add it to breads when I bake by soaking some in water and sub some of the butter with it. I plan on making bars with it, there r many recipes for bars out there
  • amicibledigit
    Options
    bump