Quick Question.

Options
So just a brief background: I'm 19, 5'9, 134 pounds, I fit comfortably into a size 2, and I'm about 10 pounds away from my goal weight. I started out at around 175+ pounds (approximately a size 10-12) and I've been eating around 1200-1400 calories per day and doing moderate exercise to get to where I am now.

I've noticed a change almost everywhere except for my lower stomach. I know there's no such thing as spot reducing and targeting fat loss in certain areas, but this is kind of getting ridiculous. I've heard that stomach fat is the last thing to go, but is that even true? Should I just focus on overall body work? Is it possible for everyone to get a flat stomach?

Replies

• sash18
    sash18 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've heard the 30 day squat challenge and the 30 day crunch challenge are supposed to have great results for thighs and lower tummys :)
  • lmckillo
    lmckillo Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Start doing some aerobic exercises if you already don't this should help. Also try some crunches.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    stomach vacuum exercises?

tupler technique?
  • emily_ebooks
    emily_ebooks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll definitely try the 30 day squat challenge and I'll try a crunch challenge too and see if it helps!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    You can't target fat loss, but work on strengthening your core so the muscle you have will be firm when the tummy fat starts to come off.
  • dancerbyday
    Options
    Those are all great ideas. You might also want to try running if you aren't doing that, because that melts fat very quickly. And if you are a soda-drinker, that could be part of it. Soda can make you really bloated, so it will look like you have a tummy when it is really just all that carbonation.