Really??

Options

Replies

• Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Bread, meat, cheese, tomato sauce, vegetables. By themselves not many people would consider them to be bad. Why do they suddenly become evil when you combine them?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Pizza is a staple of my diet. Learn to macro.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I've had pizza at least once a week every week since I joined here 2.5 years ago. Lost weight the first six months, been on maintenance the last two years.

Nothing wrong with pizza.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I saw an ad for getting an Indian bride...personally I am not in the market so not sure why I was targeted lol.

Why, you don't like Indian people?

I had one for single Jewish women. Too bad I'm not lesbian.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Did I really just see a Dominoes pizza ad at the bottom of the page? This is a weight loss site! What are they thinking??

they're thinking $$. we all like pizza, some of us waay too much. clearly.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    That's so funny. A few days ago, I posted the same thing:

"I was just glancing thru some of the recent posts, and each time I would go to a new post, a giant Dominoes Pizza ad would pop up on the right side of the screen. It was so huge, and so obviously calling my name. Lots of pics of pizzas and sandwiches and garlic bread, and great deals and coupons, and they even deliver. I can even order on line, wouldn't even have to get up from my desk.

Is it just me, or is that a terrible way to sabotage someone's day, by advertising pizza and garlic bread (with extra cheese ), on a weight-loss/fitness site??!!

And, for those of you out there that want to preach to me, I know, I know, I should have enough will power not to order a pizza, which I do. I have no intention of calling them, but not everyone may be in that place today . . . just a thought . . . what do you guys think??? Just curious - obviously this is not critical in the big picture, but it's now 10:00 pm in So California and that has been the only advertisement I have seen all day, each time I signed on to the site . . ."

I got several replies - most basically agreeing with me, and those that said it came up because I had searched for pizza, which my daughter had, but I know not all the ads are related to our searches. I still think MFP should consider not soliciting from companies that may offer a temptation to some of us. I know that there have been days that if I saw a pizza, I might click over and order one right on the spot. I was also reminded that we are on here for free - BUT still, if I owned a site that was being used for health purposes, I would try not to advertise anything against what the site is being used for. Just my opinion . . .

Without the ads whose going to pay the bills. Life is not fair, its called having discipline. I have Haagen Dazs ice cream in my freezer for nearly three months, I have only eaten three times.. At the end of the day, the onus is on the individual, because wherever ones goes there will be some kind of vice to tempt you.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    This is a really common topic. Every post goes the same way.

"I CANNOT BELIEVE MFP WOULD SABOTAGE WEIGHT LOSS BY ALLOWING ADS FROM (McDonald's, KFP, Domino's, etc).

Of course, I am strong enough to resist it, but other people, those poor other people who are not me, they might not be."

Seems legit.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Pizza is good.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Cracks me up since its literally because you've been ordering pizza/googling pizza....Dang MFP messin up mah goals!

All my ads are in Korean and about travel and online games. (STOP fEEDING MY GAMING ADDICTION MFP!!)
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    well like many believe its just simply calories in and calories out.. doesnt matter what you eat healthy or not.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I saw an ad for getting an Indian bride...personally I am not in the market so not sure why I was targeted lol.

That's not what you said last night
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I see Old Navy Ads...And Backstreet Boys. ((shrugs)) I haven't searched those but I usually don't pay attention to ads anyway.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Every so often I get a papa johns ad across mine
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    it wont be much longer until we get specific ads directed to us on TV. and they will change DVR tech to force you to watch some like having to watch ads on youtube.

of course there are ways around these things but if someone is wondering why there are pizza ads here there is zero chance they'll be able to avoid them.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

That's what they all say until they get a taste of this.
    <---
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    All my ads are in Korean and about travel and online games. (STOP fEEDING MY GAMING ADDICTION MFP!!)

All my ads are in Korean for plastic surgery. :(
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    it wont be much longer until we get specific ads directed to us on TV. and they will change DVR tech to force you to watch some like having to watch ads on youtube.

of course there are ways around these things but if someone is wondering why there are pizza ads here there is zero chance they'll be able to avoid them.

Let them.....I make it a point NOT to buy what is advertised to me without my requesting it. For instance....on the right of the page right now....is an add for General Mills cereals....pretty sure I'll never buy their cereals from now on!

F you search Nazis...you will not run my life!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I would ask for a refund of all the monthly fees you payed to MFP.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I would ask for a refund of all the monthly fees you payed to MFP.

snap!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have a Toyota ad at the bottom and a Julep nailpolish ad at the top. Now I have to go out and buy a car and some cosmetics. Thanks a lot, MFP. I'm going into debt, thanks to you. :angry: