starting over. looking for supportive friends!

Options
beckmoir
beckmoir Posts: 11 Member
hey guys, i'm not really new to mfp, but i've created a new account for a few different reasons. i won't really get into detail, but i had a few unsupportive people on my old account and i was getting a little frustrated.
my heaviest weight was around 230 pounds, and just last summer i got myself down to 160. that was probably the happiest and healthiest i've felt in a while. so i lost 70 pounds, which is pretty awesome in my opinion, but unfortunately i've gained 20 back. my eating habits have really changed and i'm starting to eat and feel unhealthy again. i'm not blaming him at all, but this all started when my boyfriend and i got together 9 months ago. anyways, my current goal weight is around 140 pounds, so i'm going to start eating right and exercising again. i don't want to gain anymore weight and i just feel very unhappy lately. so if anyone has similar goals, or just wants someone to talk to, and motivate each other, then feel free to add me. i look forward to hearing from you guys :)
-becky

Replies

• dloucarter
    dloucarter Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky :)

Ohhh same same story with me, up until December last year I was so disciplined with MFP & now I've gained 14 pounds and not as healthy & fit & its making me so unhappy. Today I'm starting over. My goal weight is 130 pounds, what I was 6 months ago.

This morning I started 30 day shred again, I have done it before with great results losing 27 cm all over last time. You can get all three levels on you tube.

I'm here for you, lets start this journey again. Danielle
  • Haima
    Haima Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me as a friend : )
  • cutex0r
    cutex0r Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Starting over for similar reasons. I was super disciplined but gained about 10 lbs back when I gave up on a plateau. My goal is 135, I'm at 152 right now. I'm a pretty active and healthy girl, but overeating is my problem. Feel free to add me!
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I'll shoot you a friend request! I'm looking for more motivated friends, too! :)
  • KimbleeDawn
    Options
    I have been on MFP since December and just poo-pooed it.... I discovered Yoga and LOVE, LOVE LOVE it!! I also bought a kayak and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that to. Not one to hop on a treadmill and watch 18 TVs at once. Hang in there...We are all in the same boat. No pun intended
  • KimbleeDawn
    Options
    [Human kind be both]
    I have been on MFP since December and just poo-pooed it.... I discovered Yoga and LOVE, LOVE LOVE it!! I also bought a kayak and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that to. Not one to hop on a treadmill and watch 18 TVs at once. Hang in there...We are all in the same boat. No pun intended
    [/quote]
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    welcome back!! :) I am getting a little nervous about getting to the maintenance part of this. I feel like that might be the toughest part!
  • larlo74
    larlo74 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. A good support system is vital.
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    I'm at the same boat. I was up and down 15 lb. But this time I'm gonna do it for good. Life is great and we should enjoy every minute of it, not to be unhappy about our weight.
    I'm here for u girl!
  • courage2ukls
    courage2ukls Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky!

I too left for a while, but it was because I changed jobs and lost track of my self. I am starting again today with healthy eating and tomorrow with a good workout. I get depressed when I don't eat healthy and my heartburn really acts up too. I soo need the support of friends, but everyone is soo busy! It doesn't help that I work weird hours. My new schedule is MWFSa noon to 10pm. So now I have mornings free to exercise. NO EXCUSES Karen!

Hope that we can help each other on the journey. my numbers are similar to yours so it'll be cool to do it together.

Add me as a friend if youd like!

Best of success on your journey back to feeling healthy!

hugs,
    Karen in Fort Collins, CO
  • amandahandstand
    amandahandstand Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Added you!

Maybe it's just me, but it definitely seems harder to keep an eye on what you're eating when you're in a relationship, haha...
  • northkoreanmeth
    northkoreanmeth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Heyhey! We have been similar in weight - my highest was 225 and my current goal is 160! Love this site, hope you stick with it. I'll add ya!
  • WannaBeCroft
    WannaBeCroft Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Welcome again! I'm in a somewhat similar situation, been on MFP for a while, but until very recently all via the phone app for diet tracking. I injured myself, gained 5lbs in a little over 2 months, and buckled down really hard as of 1 June to lose the weight and get back on target toward 135lbs. I've recently started using the website and don't have any MFP support yet. Feel free to add me. :)