these are my confessions.....

Options
13»

Replies

• skeeter2584
    skeeter2584 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I used to eat 20 chicken nuggets AND a large order of fries from McDonald's in the past (but I've since gone to 6 and a small fry). In my last semester of college, I had 3 chicken strips and fries from Checker's EVERY Thursday night. On top of THAT, I used to eat an ENTIRE 9 ounce bag of white cheddar Smartfood popcorn in one sitting! That's 90 grams of fat and 1,440 calories to boot!!! *whistle* :noway: I even sometimes had a container of cheese-drenched nachos PLUS 12 pieces of chicken AND a large order of fries from Chick-fil-A in one sitting!!! So yeah, my college eating habits were very.....uh.....well, I don't want the MFP mod guys to wash my mouth out with soap! :laugh:
  • CatStiles
    CatStiles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think maybe the best way forward is the approach to your daily calorie allowance as 'once they're gone, they're gone'.

It's hard, but t's a way of being tough with yourself. So if you stock up on biscuits etc at work, when you get home you don't have enough left for a proper dinner and go to bed hungry. That way you learn the lesson the hard way - if you want to have a decent meal, you can't eat those cookies - so you don't do it again.

Take an apple to work instead so you have something to munch on as an alternative!

I know it's going to be tough, but you can do it, and you'll teach yourself how to say 'no' - which is a good habit for life.
  • CatStiles
    CatStiles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Also, don't beat yourself up if you fall down once in a while - it happens to us all.

When it happens to me (and it does - I love cheese and that's what gets me), I make a promise with myself that I'll stick with the plan tomorrow.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    hey man i need to leave all this breaded stuff alone! - i was doing so good today and i started eating out of boredom and now im over my calories :( hope i can exercise enough to bounce back for today
    i started JM Ripped in 30 yesterday SO im hoping i can kick it in gear.. .thinking of adding extra cardio anything from walking the pooch to 20 min turbo
  • dyneishasatcher
    Options
    Its ok just try a little harder. I don't exercise on the weekends but I sorta count calories. Its hard to avoid parties & eating out on the weekends but I try.
  • mommabenefield
    Options
    So although i didnt even really want the junk i ate yesterday i really only ate out of boredom which is sad on my part i messed up and had a bagel and cream cheese yesterday and some cookies and chips which even though i tracked them i went over my cal goal i still worked out im on wk 1 day 2 of JM Ripped in 30 ....

TODAY there's food every where at work ... 600 calorie muffins , breakfast tacos, cakes, donuts on and on ...

I bargained with myself ok... dont get your favorite muffin (banana nut or chocolate) but get the blueberry muffin and eat half that way your only blowing 265 calories on junk and still feel like you got to taste it... probably not good reasoning but im trying super hard to avoid the other stuff ... good news is i havent touched the muffin yet its just sitting on my desk for now.

PLEASE lets hope i dont loose self control :frown: :embarassed:
  • emibrus1
    emibrus1 Posts: 59
    Options
    Have you ever looked at your protein intake? I found that as soon as I bumped up my protein I stopped craving sweets...it's been 5 weeks since my last cookie or piece of candy! And I was an addict xD It's not that I don't plan on having it ever again I just don't want any at the moment - I even have a tub of M&Ms in plain sight on my counter (we're potty training the Kiddo and it's her reward).

I can only figure it was using the protein that shook my sweet tooth. But it's always different from one person to another...I'm just grateful I finally found something that worked for me!

Note: I have NOT cut sugar from my diet. I just don't crave the junk I used to get it from!
  • mommabenefield
    Options
    hmmm thats a good idea... i always thought i was getting enough protein... maybe i should up it...i used to be a heavy lifter so ive always tried to keep my protein intake high.... Have i sabotaged myself !!! :noway: