How often do you weight yourself?

Options

Replies

• betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I totally avoid but typically mornings...when I feel like I've been good the prior day! LOL! True though!!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    When I go to the doctor. That's about it. Sometimes when I know I am doing a brutal hike or something I will weight myself before and after and drink water until I am at my prehike weight.

I want to be fit and strong and healthy. For me that includes building muscle. I think I have gained 5 pounds since I started constantly working out and watching what I eat.

Scale doesn't matter to me and doesn't tend to tell me anything I care to know.
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Try for only Friday mornings, but...usually end up weighing at least 4 times a week.
  • RIVAL916
    RIVAL916 Posts: 108
    Options
    I weigh myself every day.. I need to stop lol
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I can predict my morning weight based on my bedtime weight. LOL. It's usually 2 pounds less in the morning.
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    bout every 350 days
  • RIVAL916
    RIVAL916 Posts: 108
    Options
    @ Sarah.. Yea that sounds about right
  • ChelleyCredible
    ChelleyCredible Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My bad habit is over-weighing and it drives me up a wall. It can be discouraging at times and then at other times I feel amazing for going in the right direction. I am trying to wean over to body measurements every month and weighing for once a week.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I used to weigh everyday and then record once a week, but since my battery died in my scale at home, I just weigh in when I think about it at work.
  • arcaneshadowcat
    Options
    2-4 times a month... I try for about once a week, but I don't own a scale anymore... the one I had was having technical difficulties where it had me gaining and losing between 20 and 40 pounds in a day which was ridiculous. LOL, it met a timely demise as the neighborhood offering to the free junk pile. I go to the student union health office or the student health center now for weigh ins.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    @ Sarah.. Yea that sounds about right

I make it a guessing game. LOL. It's silly, but a habit.
  • Andrea8985
    Andrea8985 Posts: 107
    Options
    I weigh myself pretty much every day, but I only record it on here Sunday mornings when I first wake up. I like to see the normal fluctuations, but I know I shouldn't be recording all of those.

I'm happy as long as it hasn't gone up, though of course I prefer to see it go down. :) This weekend when it dropped below 200, I was over the moon excited.
  • rajendra82
    rajendra82 Posts: 20
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning every day, enter it in the hacker's diet website, and watch the trend. I often weigh in more times during the day to get a gauge of how much my weight fluctuates. If didn't do it more often, some of the inevitable water retention ups would bother me more. Now I know they are temporary.
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Every Friday after my morning routine. I weigh as soon as I dry off from the shower, and before I get dressed and eat breakfast.
  • fitmusiclifeviola
    Options
    Everyday, and multiple times during the day. Things I notice, the weight of water I drink (& I try to drink lots of water, knowing that doesn't affect the scale in the long run). I notice I'm lightest in the morning, after I go to the bathroom. Evening after dinner (my largest meal often) is often the heaviest I am during the day. But between night and morning I always lose weight. Also, to keep things standardized I weigh with only the emperor's new clothes on when I'm looking for some precision. While I am disappointed to see it go up, or not down by as much as I've wanted, I accept it's the sum of everything I've eaten and done, and that the number has some mystery behind it. How many of the lbs are water weight, new muscle, lost fat, lost muscle, lost bone, and I just got a big haircut too, so I lost a few ounces there!
    That said, still using weight as a general barometer, but making sure to stay active, eat conservatively below my calorie goal, don't cheat (and if I go over one day, make sure I exercise and am below the next day---I even try to make up those extra calories). Also, I notice that my digital scale does not always repeat the same measurement twice in a row, if I stand on it a little differently.
    I weigh in for posterity/recording in the morning after full void, but generally add a lb to the # I post here as it gives me buffer to feel I'm trending down consistently, and to reflect that by lunch I'm always at least a lb more due to water and foods in my belly. I have on occasion judged what I ate in the past 36 hours by how I weigh, but I'm moving away from that some as there is more fluctuation in my non-1st am weigh in than anything else.
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Once a month at my Dr's office. I don't own a scale, besides most wouldn't go that high anyway. I can tell I am losing because of the way my cloths keep getting looser on me after each wash cycle.
  • itstartswithastep
    Options
    I've begun once a week on Mondays. If mid week though I am a bit curious I will weigh in say Thursday/Friday. If I see a gain i try not to dwell, reassess what I have been doing and try and change it for the next Monday :)
  • DaveSkev
    DaveSkev Posts: 3
    Options
    Weekly, doing it every day is nuts!
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    As above. Once a week. I can't imagine doing it every day, I'm not that obsessed plus the readings would be all over the place.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    twice a day, first thing in the morning and after gym at night :) I know it doesn't mean anything but it's motivation to see change in the numbers and get a guage to what happens when i do and eat what i do the day b4..

Have to say tho usually the lowest reading is on Sundays after my gym session in the morning thats when the most apparent weight loss seems to catchup for the week.

Mind you compared to what i was doing just 1 month ago which was mostly cardio and some weights
    now i do exhausting cardio on all machines and then bigger weights and more intense core work. so ive stopped losing steady weight but getting obviously thinner and plateau for 5 days then plummet on the 6th or 7th day then plateau again.