What are your favorite healthy snacks?

Options
I have alot of different snacks I like to eat but I'm trying to "broaden the horizons" for myself and for you:bigsmile: SO, what are 3 of your favorite "healthy treats?"

Mine as of right now are:
*String cheese
*Low Fat Cottage Cheese with fresh fruit mixed in
*Reduced fat Wheat Thins with Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge (Lite French Onion is my fav)

Please share yours too :flowerforyou:

Replies

• anewg
    anewg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I love almond butter - on whole wheat crackers/tortillas, apple slices, pretzels, etc. My current favorite brand is Naturally More, which also contains flax seed and wheat germ.
  • bonniecameron68
    Options
    one of my favorits is the smart food white cheddar popcorn, it is healthier than any other brand and it tastes amazing!! I also love to freeze my yogurt tubes and eat them frozen. I also love fresh or frozen fruit smoothies.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    *Shakeology
    *Banana with 1 tsp of peanut butter
    *a pluot, peach, or nectarine. I'm gonna be so sad when fall comes
  • JayneMarie
    JayneMarie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really like mixing 1/2 cup of AE low fat cottage cheese with a cut up fresh peach.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I love a gala apple dipped in 1tbsp of Adam's Natural Peanut butter. So yum.
  • Jamie_V
    Jamie_V Posts: 26
    Options
    Oooohh, I love the Laughing Cow cheeses! I also love a bowl of red raspberries with just a *teeny* drizzle of chocolate syrup. Oh, and if you can find them in your grocer's freezer section (not all groceries carry them), Deep Chocolate Vitamuffins are the BOMB! They have just 100 calories, 9 grams of fiber, and 2 grams of fat, and they are yummy!! http://www.vitalicious.com/4boch1.html
    I also love eating pretzels and grapes together when I'm craving a sweet-n-salty combo.
  • Hannesfit
    Hannesfit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Veggie straws. Baked potato, carrot and spinach sticks. very good.
  • sanrog
    sanrog Posts: 68
    Options
    Fit and Active Wheat thin Crackers and Hummus from Aldi's
  • jeanninebrewer
    Options
    This time of year, fresh fruit!
    Or for a crunch/salt craving, air popped popcorn
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I like all of the above. Some more that I enjoy are:

Popchips
    Jello Mousse Temptations in Chocolate Indulgence
    Trader Joes dark chocolate caramel wedges
    Hummus with veggies or low cal crackers. Sometimes I toast a 100 calorie bagel thin and use that
    Anything Skinny Cow - especially the caramel cone cup of their ice cream

Someone posted this a month or so ago (on MFP) I saved it - some good ones here too!

http://www.shape.com/healthy_eating/on_the_go/snacks/low_calorie_snacks/p/page/1

Also try subscribing to Hungry Girl emails - there are lots of swaps that are great.

www.hungry-girl.com
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Oooohh, I love the Laughing Cow cheeses! I also love a bowl of red raspberries with just a *teeny* drizzle of chocolate syrup. Oh, and if you can find them in your grocer's freezer section (not all groceries carry them), Deep Chocolate Vitamuffins are the BOMB! They have just 100 calories, 9 grams of fiber, and 2 grams of fat, and they are yummy!! http://www.vitalicious.com/4boch1.html
    I also love eating pretzels and grapes together when I'm craving a sweet-n-salty combo.

Grapes and pretzles sound like an Awesome combination....Gonna check out those Vitamuffins too, yummmm! Thanks!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Thank you ALL! All of these sound sooooo delicious! Guess limiting to 3 was stupid...Gimme em all!!! LOL, Thanks a ton :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I like all of the above. Some more that I enjoy are:

Popchips
    Jello Mousse Temptations in Chocolate Indulgence
    Trader Joes dark chocolate caramel wedges
    Hummus with veggies or low cal crackers. Sometimes I toast a 100 calorie bagel thin and use that
    Anything Skinny Cow - especially the caramel cone cup of their ice cream

Someone posted this a month or so ago (on MFP) I saved it - some good ones here too!

http://www.shape.com/healthy_eating/on_the_go/snacks/low_calorie_snacks/p/page/1

Also try subscribing to Hungry Girl emails - there are lots of swaps that are great.

www.hungry-girl.com

Thank you, I just subscribed :flowerforyou:
  • Triguy83
    Triguy83 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hummus on celery, brocolli, baby cherry tomatoes,
    Apples
    protein shake with frozen berries with fiber one bran cereal sprinkled on top.
    fitness bread rye oats cut into 4 squares with .5 tsp of Peanut butter on each slice and 1/2 of a banana cut into quarters on top MMMMMM.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Vita muffins rock and they come in a dozen flavors, ranging from chocolate, bran, banana, and oats. I also enjoy mini flavored rice cakes- sweet or salty. Pickles are yummy too!!! :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I love
    the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches
    quaker carmel corn rice cakes
    popcorn
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I love my "moc-a-mole" with baked corn chips.

Use 1/2 of an avacado, smash it up with 1 cup of peas (thawed), zest and juice of a lime, and chopped cilantro. Its that simple. Its also good smeared on chicken or a veggie burger or to make a grilled cheese sandwich with. I usually add some diced red onion or shallots and you could add some diced tomato as well.
  • alpha2omega
    alpha2omega Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    A cup of nonfat plain yogurt with a tbsp of strawberry preserves and a 1/4 cup of Bear Naked's granola topped with some fresh blueberry's. Plums are also a favorite of mine. I also like a good protein shake. =0)
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... these all sound sooo good!!! =)

My fave's are:

*Coles Organic Sweet and Salty Popcorn
    **Mixed Sultanas and nuts (unsalted of course)
    ***Carrots or Celery dipped in hummus!
    ****Fresh Fruit!! =)

<3 Megs
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    Yogurt with homemade granola and fresh berries (my favorite!)
    Skim milk, peaches, blueberries 1/2 a banana, and ice....blended like a smoothie or shake
    100 calorie packs - shortbread cookies (not "healthy" but better than 6 homemade chocolate chip cookies which is what I'd probably have if I made them)

MMM...good:happy: