Insanity workout

Options

Replies

• jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Love hearing how many of you are getting into this. Im a beachbody coach also so i love that so many people are helping out. For anyone really having trouble with these workouts, remember you dont have to finish the workouts, you should definitely push yourself, and the harder you push the more you will get out of it. but if you have to pause it and take a minute, then do it... like everyone is saying just keep pressing play, modify the workouts if you need to, go at a slower pace for a minute or two and then jump back in. Like Tony Horton says "do you best and forget the rest!"

I hope you all are staying in touch will your beachbody coaches, and if not or you dont liek your current coach, hit me up. I would love to help any of you with your fitness goals.
  • NYUbookworm
    Options
    I just ordered the Hip Hop Abs dvd and hoping to work my way up to insanity!

Same here! Just started Hip Hop Abs this morning. Once I complete that, I'm going to do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and Body Revolution before taking on Insanity.
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Did the FIT TEST today and am still shaking a little. I am so stoked for this to go down but I am only doing measurments not pounds becaue then I start to obsess about them lol.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I just started the 2nd week! The first week was pretty tough for me, especially since I also play sports. It's been hard to workout 2x a day several days in the week. It's taken a lot of discipline to get up early before work haha :)

The 2nd week has already felt easier for me. I was able to keep up with Shaun T/others on the DVD much more so today than I did last week. I also didn't get nearly as out of breath. Given that I've seen this kind of progress already, I'm really looking forward to seeing my results at the end.

I get myself through the workout by thinking about how great I'll feel when it's done for the day! That never fails... I always feel AMAZING after I finish the workout.
  • mrsoray
    mrsoray Posts: 2
    Options
    I have done insanity before the pregnacy. It was awesome and painfully good.:sad: :smile: I can't wait to start again to help get this baby weight off. When I did the workout after my second child, I got the saying "What did you do to lose weight, you look good comment", over and over again. So, YES..cnt wait to start to work this third baby off..
    To those that are doing the workout..Good job and keep it up. It pays off in the end!
  • weezawoo
    weezawoo Posts: 1
    Options
    Do you have to follow a food plan with it as well or is it just a workout program? My friend has mentioned it and I am thinking of starting!
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I started the fit test this morning with my hubby. I found some of the exercises challenging ( ie. suicide jumps.. I flipping hate them things). Even though I was sweating like I had ran a marathon, My heart rate barely moved above 140. I was working hard but I burn more calories running.

Has anyone else checked out to see how many calories they are actually burning through HRM? A friend of mine has been doing this workout for 3 weeks has lost some inches but no weight. I assume her heart rate as well isn't in maximum level and that's why. I do love the morning pick me up of this for sure!
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I just finished Insanity Yesterday YAY
    it is SUPER Intense but the Results are AMAZING.
    I lost 13.8 pounds and OVER 36 Inches in those 63 day
    Good luck to you :)

We lost the same amount of pounds! I also finished yesterday. Congratulations!
  • giliw
    giliw Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I want to wish you good luck first of all.
    Now, I am new to this whole site and I just started working out again after four years of not working out because I tore my meniscus and went through some personal family problems. But I am definitely ready to give it my all to get fit again and even become fitter and skinnier than I have ever been.I have just watched the infomercial and it honestly kind of scares the heck out of me to do this but I am up for it.

My first question is, I live in Israel and am not sure where I can buy these DVDs, is it available online?
    My second question is, is there a food schedule I have to follow / how many calories do I have to eat a day?
    My last question is, is it mandatory to finish the whole 60 days? or can I stop if I am happy with the results after 30 days or anytime while doing this challenge?
  • jazpurita
    jazpurita Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 25 and still hate pushing play but I love it when I get to the stretching because I know I'm done haha but it has really help my stamina I am looking forward to recovery week I haven't lost much weight but a lot of family friends are noticing the difference saying I have lost weight so I will take
  • bet5mac
    bet5mac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, your reply about sore knees prompted me to reply. I have one more week of Insanity and I am done (with the first round). I had knee surgery in December, 5 tears in meniscus, and couldn't work out until March and because I felt like such a sloth I thought I would try Insanity. I also have done step aerobics twice a week for 10+ years and play competive volleyball. I had to modify some of the jumping to avoid re-injuring my knees and in place of high jumps, I do intense Heismans, etc. I found if I just replaced some of the really intense jumping / twisting jumps with another move of frog jumps or something where I am landing dead on my kees evenly, I am still getting great results. I figure as my knee gets stronger along with the rest of my body, in my round 2 I will be able to do the pure workouts. Good luck to you, just wanted to let you know even if you can't do all of the plyo moves, if you replace it with something equally as heart-intense but easier on your knees, you still get great results. I have lost over 3" on my waist in just 50+ days, eat about 1600 calories a day of clean eating, and I am so happy with how fit I feel. And I am no spring chicken, I am 45+ !! Best of luck to you.
  • adenium11
    Options
    I just started the 2nd week! The first week was pretty tough for me, especially since I also play sports. It's been hard to workout 2x a day several days in the week. It's taken a lot of discipline to get up early before work haha :)

This is my fear.. keeping up with my 10km run training and the gym. I thought maybe I would take a break from weights for the next few weeks till I adjusted.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    ive done about nine rounds now-it is STILL brutal.

but oh, so worth it!
  • mrsoray
    mrsoray Posts: 2
    Options
    When I did it, I was on a basic diet. Your natural food group diet and I lose 15lbs in about 6wks. But TRUST me, if you do this workout seriously..you will not want to eat badly because you will know Shaun T will be waiting for you the next morn..lol:laugh:
  • ShamelesslyFlawed
    ShamelesslyFlawed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Okay, so question....and I apologize if it sounds super DUMB but, how do you all record your workout sesh in MFP for Insanity. It would be lovely it there was an option to choose insanity....but alas there is not...
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options

This is my fear.. keeping up with my 10km run training and the gym. I thought maybe I would take a break from weights for the next few weeks till I adjusted.

Yeah, honestly I may be pushing it a bit too hard... on Sundays, for example, I have 3 hockey games. haha! That's supposed to be my "rest" day. I am going to push through but listen to my body while I go. I find that if I split the workouts up (one morning, one night), I generally feel fine. I also pay close attention to make sure I'm eating enough, especially monitoring protein. I'll stop if my body starts yelling at me :)
  • adenium11
    Options

Yeah, honestly I may be pushing it a bit too hard... on Sundays, for example, I have 3 hockey games. haha! That's supposed to be my "rest" day. I am going to push through but listen to my body while I go. I find that if I split the workouts up (one morning, one night), I generally feel fine. I also pay close attention to make sure I'm eating enough, especially monitoring protein. I'll stop if my body starts yelling at me :)

Yes 3 games on rest day maybe much! lol good for you! I am going to split mine up as well. If I need to back off on run days I will! Good idea.. listen to the body! Right now mines saying " biking 5 miles on a new bike with no padding is stupid"
  • adenium11
    Options
    Okay, so question....and I apologize if it sounds super DUMB but, how do you all record your workout sesh in MFP for Insanity. It would be lovely it there was an option to choose insanity....but alas there is not...

I just went into the MY EXERCISES and made my own. I noticed that using "aerobics" or something like that said I burnt off 4x the amount of calories I actually burnt. So I have been adding my own exercises and using that mostly vs MFP's
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

You don't. Follow the diet book it came with. It has a calculation to INCLUDE your workout into your daily calorie goals. You will never actually LOG your workout. It's built into your daily goals.
  • thatgirl1978
    Options
    I start as soon as my videos come in the mail! I'm pretty pumped about it...and I have never done anything like it yet, but I figure I'll do as much as I can and in no way do I expect to be able to keep up with them....yet ;)