New

Options
Hi, I'm JB. I've been losing weight and getting fit slowly for about 18 months now and just found out about this ap from a friend who had great success with it. I have about 100 pounds to lose to meet my goal. I'm going 2 pounds a week. Slow and steady.

Replies

• ravenbard
    ravenbard Posts: 51
    Options
    Welcome, welcome... this is only my 6th day so far...any way I can help you just holler.
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    welcome this place is awesome!
  • Rjohnsonjr32
    Rjohnsonjr32 Posts: 117
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! This is a great place and there are tons of people that will help motivate you to help meet your goal.! Welcome and Good luck!!
  • sarajcurrie
    Options
    Welcome JB. MFP is great, if you need any help just ask x
  • Welcome JB :) Im also new to the site and Im hoping to lose A LOT of weight as well so our goals are kinda similar. Add me if you feel like having a chat sometime!
  • HopeDaleen930
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me. That goes for anyone else too! More friends the better.
  • AshleyPorter1003
    AshleyPorter1003 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me...the more support the better :smile:
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Welcome,everyone here is great! feel free to add me if you wish:flowerforyou:
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Welcome and this site is great for support. You can add me if you like I have lost 78 and still have 115 to lose.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm JB. I've been losing weight and getting fit slowly for about 18 months now and just found out about this ap from a friend who had great success with it. I have about 100 pounds to lose to meet my goal. I'm going 2 pounds a week. Slow and steady.

Slow and steady wins the race.
    It has taken me about 23 months to lose 90+ pounds. I'm in no rush even at 52. Persistence is the key. I try to make my daily routine a sustainable one with reasonable fit goals. Though I do set some good challenges for myself as well. Like swimming 10KM is one day. But I would never set a goal to swim 10km every day.

Sustainable changes. The oft repeated but rarely realized approach.