GAME OF THRONES

Options

Replies

• Dan11874
    Dan11874 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's been so hard going through this season knowing this was coming and not being able to say anything.

Moral of the story: don't get attached
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    After reading the books years ago I watch this episode in anticipation and watched all of you non-book readers thinking to myself, "You know nothing, Jon Snow". But, I do feel for you. When I read the 'Red Wedding' in the book I dropped the book right there and just sat there dumb founded staring at those around me and they had no idea what I'd just went through. I had to pick the book up and re-read it. Now, you all know the big secret for season 3 that all of us book readers have had to keep for years. Welcome to the the club of being punched in the gut by George RR Martin. BUT, never forget that you still KNOW NOTHING.

This^^ I read the books years ago too. I keep waiting as people find out all the twists and turns.
  • Dan11874
    Options
    Yeah, not going to lie -- it was pretty hilarious to watch social media outlets implode last night as people began to find out.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    omg I LITERALLY died!! :sad:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    After reading the books years ago I watch this episode in anticipation and watched all of you non-book readers thinking to myself, "You know nothing, Jon Snow". But, I do feel for you. When I read the 'Red Wedding' in the book I dropped the book right there and just sat there dumb founded staring at those around me and they had no idea what I'd just went through. I had to pick the book up and re-read it. Now, you all know the big secret for season 3 that all of us book readers have had to keep for years. Welcome to the the club of being punched in the gut by George RR Martin. BUT, never forget that you still KNOW NOTHING.

This^^ I read the books years ago too. I keep waiting as people find out all the twists and turns.

I've read the books. My husband has not. I was dying for this episode all season. It was killing me.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I know! I'm still in shock!!! The Starks keep getting crapped on. :frown:
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My best friend gave me some wise advice before I saw a single episode or read the books: don't get attached to anyone and who you think you like will change. Both are true statements!
    I do have some level of empathy for those that didn't know it was coming. (Winter is coming)

It's true, you know nothing!
  • Dan11874
    Options
    The Starks, though the prototypical "heroes" are some of the worst "players" in the Game of Thrones. Honor and righteousness don't seem to get you very far in Westeros.

I think Jon is the best "Stark" player to this point as he allows for some moral ambiguity.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    There is some hope for you Stark fans
    game-of-thrones-x-iron-man-princess-bride-30902-1310935947-2.jpg
  • BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm not there in the books yet! I'm a quater in on the second book (i hate that life gets in the way!).This was a shocker.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My best friend gave me some wise advice before I saw a single episode or read the books: don't get attached to anyone and who you think you like will change. Both are true statements!
    I do have some level of empathy for those that didn't know it was coming. (Winter is coming)

It's true, you know nothing!

THIS!!!

But wait it gets better......
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Book 3 = all shockers, all the time.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm currently working on book 5. Just started watching the show. I'm about done with season 1, but I have to say that if you like the series--go pick up the books! They're not my usual genre, but the stories have great depth in both characters and plot that I just can't put them down!
  • LePetitCochon
    Options
    You know NOTHING, Jon Snow!
  • Dan11874
    Options
    Valar Morghulis
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I read the books long before the tv show came along.I've only seen the first season though.Yeah, George has a bad habit of killing off your favorites and making you love characters that you should really hate.calls into question your whole being lol.
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Okay so that was like totally shocking!! I've never read the books so I got immediately hooked from the start! This was incredible and the season finale isn't until next week; all I can say is WOW!!!
  • Darius66
    Darius66 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I died a little last night. What a punch in the gut!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    This episode shocked the hell out of me... I honestly thought Rob would get through to winning as well (I don't read the books) ... The saddest story was when Arya was probably only 500 ft from her mother and brother.... That frail idiot should get killed by the hound!
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to talk about about this series to show-watchers. I keep dropping spoilers by accident.