quick question

Options
Hi! I've upped my running on the treadmill from 5.2 to 5.3. How can I find out how many calories I've burned with the new speed? I can't seem to find it anywhere on myfitnesspal. Please help!! :embarassed:

Replies

• wlkn4him
    wlkn4him Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Does the treadmill give you an estimate of your calories? Usually if it has the option for you to enter your weight/age (which most treadmills I've used do) it will also give you an estimate of your calories burned. You can then enter that data into MFP when you track your cardio and it will save it for next time. I've had to do this myself as my running speed varies during a run as well as from run to run depending on how I feel. I hope this helps.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Get a heart-rate monitor. Doesn't help you right now but you will never have this problem again! They come very reasonable - you just need one with a chest strap and that allows you to enter height/weight data.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    If you are going to go off of the treadmill amount I would only count about 60% of those calories. Once I go my HRM and found out how much I actually was burning at the gym it shocked me how much the machine over states. So if it says you burned 300 calories to be safe I'd log it as 180.