Eating Out

Options
Hi all

I have a question!... When looking up restaurant foods on mfp... Is the nutrition info and calorie content as the meal is served?...Eg... If you look up cheeseburger (mmmm cheeseburger).... And the restaurant menu states it is served with chips and coleslaw... Does the mfp nutrition info account for the chips and coleslaw?... Or just the cheeseburger...?

Sorry for rambling but not easy to explain!

Thanks!!

Replies

• TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Probably JUST the burger or main. You'll have to add sides unless it's specifically stated in the entry.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It will usually just be for the main item and you have to add the sides separate. You are also likely going to find multiple listings for the same item with varying calorie counts. If I am not in the mood to research, I go with the highest to play it safe.
  • rhall9058
    rhall9058 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Probably JUST the burger or main. You'll have to add sides unless it's specifically stated in the entry.

^^^^ This; however, if you do a little research ahead of time, or if you have a smart phone, go to the resteraunt website and confirm. Most of them these days have their stuff posted in in an easy read format for mobile phones. Often times, also, the users that uploaded the stuff to MFP will put xxxx entree with side of xxxxx. You'll know then whether the previous entry you were looking at included it or not. It's a bit of a crap shoot at times.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm cheezeburgerz! Just the burger.:(
  • beckybabes
    Options
    Bugger!!... I suspected as much!... :( lol... Thanks for the replies
    Xx
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    You can use a bit of common sense too a lot of the time. For example, I know that a home cooked 6 oz steak is 300-400 calories. Accounting for extra oils and butters and things that restaurants add, I still can guess that a meal with a 6 oz steak listed as 1200 calories probably includes the potato and vegetable garnish listed on the menu, because the steak alone couldn't possibly be that much even soaked in butter. I try to gauge that way when I can. If a cheeseburger is listed as 700 calories, I know that's not going to include fries (which are generally around 400 calories a side portion.)