Strategies for winning the small every day battles?

Options
I think the secret to success in the war against body fat lies not in our strengths but in conquering just a few moments of weakness. Some of the strategies that I use are: When I feel like quitting my cardio workout at the gym, I tell myself to hold on for just a bit more, just to the next nice rounded calorie count, when I get there, I say “now, just to the next round time number,” then, “just complete this mile and you can go stretch.” I talk myself into just walking for a bit more and maybe to give it another go now fast again, etc.
When I really want another piece of toast in the morning I say to myself, it is too early to start cheating. “That toast will taste good but the bad taste of losing faith in yourself will last you a long time. Get up from the table and go to work. If you are hungry, as soon as you get to work, you can eat half of your lunch.” Of course I never eat my lunch at 8 a.m. So there, I won that small battle. And so on.
Care to share some of your tips?

Replies

• ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I pre-log every day the night before. I find it so helpful: i know what I'm packing for lunch and making for dinner, checked to make sure I have what I need, and I know exactly how many calories I have left over if an unexpected goodie is offered.

Making my choices when I'm relaxed, unhurried, and full is the exact opposite of what I used to do, which how I used to end up at McD's drive-thru 2-3 times a week.
  • hmvfit
    hmvfit Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you. Yes, it takes a lot of planning ahead. Not having a plan can be desastrous. And we need to anticipate that so many of our interactions with people involve food.