GAME OF THRONES

Options

Replies

• S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I hate how nothing happens until the last 2 freaking episodes!!!!!! :/

Also....when the heck is Martin going to finish the last 2 books? I want to read them already!!!!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    h98A1CB99
  • Adrasteis
    Adrasteis Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It really all started to go downhill after book three.

It had it's good and not so good moments after book three, I feel like the last book was rushed (even though it took years to come out!) so that the viewers of the TV series could power through the books and quick buy the newest edition.

My favorite character is Brienne, she's one tough cookie!

While I was shocked with what happened to Robb, I think I'm still horrified what happens later to ........ don't wanna ruin it for people who haven't read the books :laugh:
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    After reading the books years ago I watch this episode in anticipation and watched all of you non-book readers thinking to myself, "You know nothing, Jon Snow". But, I do feel for you. When I read the 'Red Wedding' in the book I dropped the book right there and just sat there dumb founded staring at those around me and they had no idea what I'd just went through. I had to pick the book up and re-read it. Now, you all know the big secret for season 3 that all of us book readers have had to keep for years. Welcome to the the club of being punched in the gut by George RR Martin. BUT, never forget that you still KNOW NOTHING.

^^^ My feelings exactly! When I originally read that in the book - I did the same thing and let out a gasp ... I couldn't believe what happened! This was by far the most emotionally-charged book of them all ... no one is safe!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I've avoided watching because I've read the books and didn't want to inadvertently spoil it for my friends, but I kind of know where in the books they are.

When several FB friends posted horrified notes about last night's episode I was like "Oh, they must have just done the Red Wedding."

Might have to pay for HBO for a month so I can watch the first 3 seasons.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    :sad: :yawn: :sad: :devil: :frown: :sad:
  • NicolleLindgren
    NicolleLindgren Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    While I was shocked with what happened to Robb, I think I'm still horrified what happens later to ........ don't wanna ruin it for people who haven't read the books

^^^ Ughh, I can't even fathom how it could get worse :/
  • Kilokata
    Kilokata Posts: 111
    Options
    It really all started to go downhill after book three.

My favorite character is Brienne, she's one tough cookie!

She's totally my second favorite!

I'm really curious if there will be any further storyline between her and Jaime...
    I love how tough she is.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You really think the Starks will be allied with Daenerys when she storms through Westeros? lol. Don't count on it. After all, the North was key in the Rebellion. She will kill them all. The Starks are finished. I think Martin has made it clear that the only one of them with a chance is Arya. Remember, there is no Justice or sweet revenge in this series.

Once again, not knowing anything since I haven't read past book 2, Daenerys has shown she can be compassionate to those who deserve it. Unless you know something I don't know (which is certainly possible) It could happen.

you havent read. you have no idea.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    This is how the world ends, not with a bang, but a wedding.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    The red wedding was really bittersweet for me. On one hand it absolutely KILLED me to watch great characters get slaughtered... but on the other hand... Arya has been my favorite character since day one, and it just gives her even more reason to hate everybody. I haven't read the books, and I won't until the show is over (so I don't ruin it for myself) but I have a fantasy scenario in my head where Arya goes on a killing spree and murders everybody who ever wronged her. The greatest moment in television history (for me) would be Arya stabbing Joffrey RIGHT THROUGH THE EYE while watching the life drain out of him. Bwahah.

[/nerd]

Yeah lol, in my head I think she may one day meet that guy who killed 3 people for her!

Jaqen H'ghar. I liked the character very much. I haven't read the books either.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Just a nightmare Arya had after eating some bad salt pork that Dog gave her ?????!!!!!:ohwell:
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Honestly, as someone who has read the books, I'm surprised at how tame that was. It's still possible for some of the atrocities to be shown next episode I suppose though. I expected everyone was going to be screaming about Arya today.
  • AngelofMusic13
    AngelofMusic13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Had to make it through these deaths to get to the one I've been waiting for... Hurry next episode!
  • KatByrdThing
    Options
    NOOOOOO!!! Oh god i haven't even watched it yet...now i'm scared.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    mheh. arya is the only stark i've ever liked so i'm not that broken up about it. robb was a fake *kitten* king anyway, you shouldnt need to have your mommy tell you what to do, even joffrey knows that. as for his last words being mother...:laugh:

i did however think the lady who plays Cat acted her *kitten* off! i'm normally not a Cat fan, but man i felt for her after watching her son die and just standing there waiting to be taken killed like she had already died.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Even knowing it was coming didn't help much.

Not in the least. I thought I was prepared for it, but I most certainly was not.
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    After reading the books years ago I watch this episode in anticipation and watched all of you non-book readers thinking to myself, "You know nothing, Jon Snow". But, I do feel for you. When I read the 'Red Wedding' in the book I dropped the book right there and just sat there dumb founded staring at those around me and they had no idea what I'd just went through. I had to pick the book up and re-read it. Now, you all know the big secret for season 3 that all of us book readers have had to keep for years. Welcome to the the club of being punched in the gut by George RR Martin. BUT, never forget that you still KNOW NOTHING.

I was surprised that this episode wasn't the season finale. But you hit it right on the head. I agree with every word. Although, I was late coming to the books, I started them just before the show came out. Still, I knew what was coming. I still cried though. Although it wasn't anywhere near as emotional as the book was.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Fail posting pic :)
  • jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

EXACTLY!