What are your favorite HIGH protein foods?!

Options
I am trying to UP my protein intake while I am weight training. I am struggling with what high protein low calorie foods are going to give me the most "bang for my buck". Please share your favorite ways to increase protein in your diets!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
Thanks!

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Steak, salmon, chicken, high protein milk (product my local grocery store sells that's 66% cals from protein), soybeans (not an overly good food macro wise on a high protein diet, but a good protein source),
  • InspiredSAM
    InspiredSAM Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see what suggestions you get.

I have been known to make a protein shake with almond milk, but then I'm getting more carbs than I would prefer.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    My go-tos for snacking are cottage cheese and eggs. Quick, tasty, versatile.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You can look at my diary I guess... I try and get 120g a day. I usually have a protein bar to help though (plus it's a nice filling snack). Typically egg/cheese/ham or sausage burrito or sandwich in the morning, greek yogurt or cheese for snacks, and whatever meat or fish I get with the other two meals. Today I had a protein heavy lunch with a white bean/tuna salad, but I admit my lunches are usually slacking in that aspect.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Shimp and pork tenderloin. Both low in calories and high in protein.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    bacon1.jpg

nuff said!
    I think I :heart: you

I also like steamed or broiled shrimp, scallops, or chicken breast, usually with a good dose of rooster sauce. mmmmm
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Deviled eggs, hard boiled eggs, cheese, turkey pepperoni, turkey bacon, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, the occasional protein bar.
  • kms4life1989
    kms4life1989 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fish (just about any fish are high in protein)...my quick go to is tuna and sardines. Cottage Cheese, eggs and sliced turkey.
  • leroyizzy
    leroyizzy Posts: 55
    Options
    You can look at my diary I guess... I try and get 120g a day. I usually have a protein bar to help though (plus it's a nice filling snack). Typically egg/cheese/ham or sausage burrito or sandwich in the morning, greek yogurt or cheese for snacks, and whatever meat or fish I get with the other two meals. Today I had a protein heavy lunch with a white bean/tuna salad, but I admit my lunches are usually slacking in that aspect.

Great example! I am impressed :smile:
  • tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    bacon1.jpg

nuff said!

:heart:

I made some really great short ribs the other night. The calories weren't that bad, and it had more protein than I thought it would.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    A double cut pork!!!! With a side of guacamole!:bigsmile:
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    Protein shakes- both Whey and Casein. Greek Yogurt is great if you are ok with dairy.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Egg whites (100% calories from protein) and greek yogurt are my go-tos at work, since I can keep them in the fridge. At home, it's meat and/or eggs most of the time, plus a protein shake.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Your best bet for high protein / low calorie is going to be either cottage cheese, lean meats (eg salmon, turkey, chicken, buffalo), or low sugar yogurt (eg siggi's plain).

For actual meals, lean meat is the way to go. But for snacks, cottage cheese or yogurt often work better. And of course there are protein shakes for snacks too.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Chicken tits and cow
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I am trying to UP my protein intake while I am weight training. I am struggling with what high protein low calorie foods are going to give me the most "bang for my buck". Please share your favorite ways to increase protein in your diets!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
    Thanks!

Breasts. Whey protein. Breasts.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    a scoop of protein powder in a coffee..

MEAT, fish, shellfish, more meat, cheese.

cottage cheese.... I like to make dessert with it. I puree 12 ounces of it in the blender then add a package of jello that I've already stirred with hot water and added in the cold water.... blend until well mixed. then refrigerate. Tastes DELICIOUS
  • cjenkins91
    cjenkins91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love love love cottage cheese with avocado and also eggs with turkey and cheese is always a good one too!