30 day glute challenge

Options
I am sure you've all heard of the 30 day squat challenge. It isn't terrible, but you are only taking your glutes through 1 range of motion, with the same weight and mechanics. This 30 day glute challenge was created by Bret Contreras- also known as "The Glute Guy". I am sure ladies will be interesting in giving this a shot, if you decide to, please let me know what you think of it after you complete it. I trust that Bret made a great challenge for glute development. He is extremely smart, he first came around the fitness industry by writing an 800 page paper on the glutes, so he knows what he is talking about to say the least

http://bretcontreras.com/30-day-glute-challenge/

Replies

• Bump
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing my 3rd squat challenge. I don't do just regular squats when doing them. I do regular, sumo, hindu, one-leg, skater, curtsy, etc.) Some w/ weights some w/o. One of the challenges I was in actually listed different types to do each day. I just started a June squat challenge and in the 3 days I've done regular, sumo, one-leg and jump squats.

While his appears to be a great glute challenge, he's not the first to suggest mixing thngs up.
  • I'm currently doing my 3rd squat challenge. I don't do just regular squats when doing them. I do regular, sumo, hindu, one-leg, skater, curtsy, etc.) Some w/ weights some w/o. One of the challenges I was in actually listed different types to do each day. I just started a June squat challenge and in the 3 days I've done regular, sumo, one-leg and jump squats.

While his appears to be a great glute challenge, he's not the first to suggest mixing thngs up.

This is true, but Bret was the man who really brought hip thrusts to the main stream. I am a male, so i am not as concerned as getting my *kitten* big as I am concerned with getting it strong (which it will get bigger from). Once I started doing hip thrusts my deadlift shot up, squat has been in better control than ever, and my glutes did get really damn big as well, only been doing them for about 6 weeks, twice a week
  • bcattoes
    Options
    I'm currently doing my 3rd squat challenge. I don't do just regular squats when doing them. I do regular, sumo, hindu, one-leg, skater, curtsy, etc.) Some w/ weights some w/o. One of the challenges I was in actually listed different types to do each day. I just started a June squat challenge and in the 3 days I've done regular, sumo, one-leg and jump squats.

This is true, but Bret was the man who really brought hip thrusts to the main stream. I am a male, so i am not as concerned as getting my *kitten* big as I am concerned with getting it strong (which it will get bigger from). Once I started doing hip thrusts my deadlift shot up, squat has been in better control than ever, and my glutes did get really damn big as well, only been doing them for about 6 weeks, twice a week

I love hip thrusts. I don't know how main stream they are, but I've been doing them since back in the 80's. We used to do them in aerobics class (after warm up, before aerobics) along with other calisthenics.
  • LouBInCanada
    Options
    Am a little shocked at those testimonials on that page, actually. Look at all those girls, they're super models already! They basically haven't GOT glutes. I mean, come look at me, I'VE got glutes. WHO can do hundreds of squats per day? tsk.. Going to take some exercising that. Nothing I could accomplish in 30 days
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Am a little shocked at those testimonials on that page, actually. Look at all those girls, they're super models already! They basically haven't GOT glutes. I mean, come look at me, I'VE got glutes. WHO can do hundreds of squats per day? tsk.. Going to take some exercising that. Nothing I could accomplish in 30 days

Me!!! I can!!! I'm a 52 yo woman with a naturally big booty (I'm pear shaped) and I can do hundreds of squats in a day. I actually do that several days a week. I like the way it makes my old bum look. From the back you'd never guess I was in my 50s. :wink:
  • LouBInCanada
    Options
    Me!!! I can!!! I'm a 52 yo woman with a naturally big booty (I'm pear shaped) and I can do hundreds of squats in a day. I actually do that several days a week. I like the way it makes my old bum look. From the back you'd never guess I was in my 50s. :wink:

dayum.. well, if you can do it, I think I should learn to do it too! I went to the gym the first time this morning. I'm told to do 4 sets of 10 squats every day. Not sure I can do that. Am definitely going to need a breather in between. And shame you're not allowed to use yr arms, eh? hehehe