Tired of being skinny fat.

Options

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

personnally...I think you look much nicer in the first pic...if that is "skinny fat"....bring it on!!!!

Thanks. While I am not offended, I am curious as to why you are posting this. This is not the purpose of the thread, nor are your other comments against women who are looking to recomp their bf%.

I went from 24% bf to approximately 18%, which should satisfy the OPs query.

ETA, of and OP- I ate at maintenance which was about 2k per day. I am 140 and 5'8". Same weight in both pics.

Seriously, I was about to comment the same thing. Coming onto a thread and telling women that their bodies don't look good when they didn't ask is the exact definition of body shaming. The OP has a wish, women who have accomplished the same thing through healthy natural means are giving her answers and showing her their results, which they are happy with. If this isn't the kinda body you want, well, then this isn't the thread for you.

+1

It seriously pisses me off when people whine about women who prefer a less fat, less soft, etc. look and would rather look lean and trim.

STOP WITH THE BODY SHAMING PLEASE.

And even though I don't have pictures to share right now, I went from 33% body fat down to 22% from October last year to March this year while only losing 5 total pounds.

You still need a calorie deficit since "skinny fat" by definition is someone who has more body fat even though they are wearing smaller clothes and may be light. But, I would cut down on the cardio, make your deficit a small one (like TDEE-15% or so) and concentrate on the strength training.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    6 months to go from this:

IMG_20121116_085359_zpsab2ed6e5.jpg

to this:

IMG_20130414_202407_zps881fec5f.jpg

Lift heavy. Be consistent.

You are ripped and look awesome!!!
  • watermillion
    watermillion Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    to the ladies who went from skinny fat to having more muscle tone, how heavy were the weights you used? and how often did you lift weights?

I'm not really sure how to answer this question.

As simply as I can.... as heavy as possible that goes for my main compound lifts, as well as my accessory work that I can't seem to give up. I lift 4 days per week.

Silly example, but if I were using dumbbells to do bicep curls (yes, I do them, don't laugh) I started out with maybe 10lb dumbells and the goal was to progress to heavier weights. I now use 25 lb dumbbells for curls, and 30 lb dumbbells for hammer curls.

Feel free to look at my exercise diary, it's all open. You can FR me too if you want.

thank you so much. I'll take a look!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    to the ladies who went from skinny fat to having more muscle tone, how heavy were the weights you used? and how often did you lift weights?

I lift 4 times a week. My program incorporates compound lifts at 3x5 as well as other accessory moves for 4x10. I lift as heavy as I can to get those 5 or 10 reps in without going too heavy so I can't make that mane reps or too light where I can do more than that.

Heavy is going to be relative to the person and their individual ability and strength, but on a decent program you will be able to build strength rather quickly. For example, when I started out, I was just benching the bar (45 pounds) but my max is now 120 pounds. 45 was heavy for me back then, now it's not...but that doesn't mean it isn't heavy for someone else right now.
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! U look fantastic VJ!! Hard work pays off!! Thx for sharing!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

agreed

You the eff asked you? Ignorance abounds as usual on the MFP forums.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Loved the progress photos in this thread <3333
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

to this:

personnally...I think you look much nicer in the first pic...if that is "skinny fat"....bring it on!!!!

Really? I mean, she looks fine in the first pic, but I can definitely see why she would strive for the second look...and I suspect she's healthier and feels better in the after pic too. Anyhow...

In...

...because I bet this thread goes places in the pages I haven't read yet.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

agreed

You the eff asked you? Ignorance abounds as usual on the MFP forums as usual.

he always does this...i just act like he didnt write anything.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments, everyone :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
    Although you look great in the "before" picture, you look amazing in your "after" picture. And so does justsomerandomgirl.

I'm still chubby, so I don't have much to add, OP. But the advice you were given prior about lifting is what I would advise. :flowerforyou:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

agreed

I'm sorry, you two must have been under the impression that vjohn04 had some interest in your opinions when she posted that pic. I can't fathom where you got that crazy idea.

As it turns out, a woman posting a progress picture as an example of how long it takes to make a significant dent in body fat % isn't an invitation for every fool on the forum to post their assessment of the poster's attractiveness. This is amazing, I know.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

agreed

I'm sorry, you two must have been under the impression that vjohn04 had some interest in your opinions when she posted that pic. I can't fathom where you got that crazy idea.

As it turns out, a woman posting a progress picture as an example of how long it takes to make a significant dent in body fat % isn't an invitation for every fool on the forum to post their assessment of the poster's attractiveness. This is amazing, I know.

^ This. I'm pretty sure the couldn't care less about opinions from the couch potato set.
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    :)
    Troof

agreed

• mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

to this:

You are gorgeous!!!!!! Your body is my goal:). *bows to you*.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options

agreed

tumblr_m8do7xrJIG1qf8btso1_400.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    OP: what strength training routine are you doing?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Delicious is an understatement. I would kill for that back. I wonder if her abs are just as fabulous.
    They are
  • natasa26ca
    natasa26ca Posts: 107 Member
    Options

to this:

Wow, I am impressed. You looked good before, but you look GREAT in the after. Well done on your hard work.

^^^ Love your back!!! Such inspiration!!!!
    ps. dont pay attention to what others are saying. It's their preferance but to me you look perfect!
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options

I'm not really sure how to answer this question.

As simply as I can.... as heavy as possible that goes for my main compound lifts, as well as my accessory work that I can't seem to give up. I lift 4 days per week.

Silly example, but if I were using dumbbells to do bicep curls (yes, I do them, don't laugh) I started out with maybe 10lb dumbells and the goal was to progress to heavier weights. I now use 25 lb dumbbells for curls, and 30 lb dumbbells for hammer curls.

Feel free to look at my exercise diary, it's all open. You can FR me too if you want.

I think you look awesome! You looked good before but now you are smokin' hot girl.
  • emily_ebooks
    emily_ebooks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump