Those last 300 calories to meet goal

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
What do you do with them?

I know, I know. I didn't get here by having a hard time eating 1700 calories. But now that I don't binge on unhealthy foods anymore and actually sort of listen to my body, I have the opposite problem. Some days I'll have some frozen yogurt, some beer or a 100 calorie chocolate bar, but some days... I just don't want to make myself eat 'junk' to reach my goal.

So I just had dinner, I'm not hungry, I have 350 calories left, no cravings, and I have no idea what to do with them. Pretty much like the last 3 weeks... What would you do? ok the chocolate bar sounds tempting and I might do that after my workout, but I'll still be 250 calories short.

Replies

• laurimaki
    laurimaki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    eat a bigger chocolate bar, lol.

Honestly, I don't care if I'm short...I only care if I go over. If I'm short, I'm short...you hit the nail right on the head when you said listen to your body. If you're hungry, eat something extra, if not, then don't eat. IMHO.

41526192.png
  • Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    A big glass of antioxidant rich wine....yum
  • mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    A standard bag of microwave popcorn is about 300 calories. A half cup of hummus with a few bagel chips and half a glass of wine.:tongue:
  • jamebb
    jamebb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Someone posted chocolate avocado pudding/mousse on the recipes thread, it's pretty good and will satisfy your chocolate cravings and fill you up with healthy fats.
    I think the recipe was something along the lines of: Large avocado + 1/4 cup cocoa powder + 1/4 cup sweetener (I used agave nectar, but you can use honey or however much artificial sweetener you like) + vanilla extract + a little bit of milk (depending on how loose you want it to be). You might want to use the search function or google it if you want more exact measurements. You mush/blend it all together and get 2 decent size servings or 3 small ones.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options

thats def what a would do! :drinker:
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    or ice cream...there's always room for ice cream...
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Or save them for an end of the week dinner out... or for when you DO have a craving and find yourself without extra calories... :wink:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.

Seriously. I intentionally leave 200-300 calories at the end of the day as often as I can specifically for ice cream.

A bowl of ice cream shortly before bed is one of my greatest pleasures. And the funniest thing is that when I got fat, I never even ate ice cream.
  • jonnythan
    Options

brofist.jpg
  • jonathanp2
    jonathanp2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You got it. Your body is a better tool in MFP, MFP is a tool that will help you. If your body is not hungry, it is not hungry. Now dont trick yourself into not being hungry. I am usually always below my calorie goal. Today I was like 512 below. Most of the time 100 to 300 below. It is what works for me.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Your body is a better tool [than] MFP

I don't know about you, but if my body were such a better tool than MFP I wouldn't be on MFP.
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Man if I had 300 calories left my *kitten* would already be halfway to the nearest poptart aisle or krispy kreme.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

brofist.jpg

yup :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    If I have extra calories and I'm not hungry, I leave them. If I'm under my daily goal, so be it.
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This, this is a win.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Why force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry?
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I usually have scrambled egg beaters with cheese or a protein shake made with low fat chocolate milk. (it's my secret weapon against ice cream). Of course if you are above a net of 1200 calories, you don't have to eat them back. Sometimes I will save them for the morning. I have many days, especially when I work out a lot in one day, where I am not super hungry that day, but I am famished the next. It all evens out.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Why force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry?

If you're asking me, the answer is to maintain a consistent daily calorie deficit.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.

Seriously. I intentionally leave 200-300 calories at the end of the day as often as I can specifically for ice cream.

A bowl of ice cream shortly before bed is one of my greatest pleasures. And the funniest thing is that when I got fat, I never even ate ice cream.

I've been doing this lately too.

It's interesting because, at my heaviest, I very rarely had ice cream either. Only since I've started this lifestyle change have I been really craving it.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Ice cream.

I've been doing this lately too.

It's interesting because, at my heaviest, I very rarely had ice cream either. Only since I've started this lifestyle change have I been really craving it.

I think there's something to it, actually. Prolonged calorie deprivation makes you crave fat and sugar, maybe. I never had a taste for it, even though I ate it occasionally. But now I absolutely love it.