Saturday Anniversary Menu...need help!

This coming Saturday is mine and my husband's 6th wedding anniversary. We're going to a swanky place and I'd like some help with what to order. So, below is the menu. I would like to at least try the lobster mac & cheese and we will most likely split a dessert. Please help me decide what would be the best options while still be able to indulge a little. Thanks in advance!

Starters
* Seared Ahi Tuna - Mango soba noodles, wasabi aioli, soy glaze
* 14 West's Lobster Mac-n-Cheese - Maine lobster claws, brie, parmesan & cheddar cheese
* Fried Green Tomatoes - Cornmeal dusted with cream corn sauce, bacon, pickeled cabbage
* Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail - Fresh horseradish cocktail sauce
* Maryland Crab Cake - House smoked bacon, sunny side up egg, local mushrooms, hollandaise
* Shrimp & Tasso Ham - Crispy leeks, white cheddar polenta cake
* Stuffed Portobello Mushroom - Roasted red pepper, artichoke, three cheeses
* Tempura Fried Calamari - Served with a chipotle apricot glaze

Second Offerings
* Caesar Salad - Romaine, traditional Caesar dressing, garlic croutons, shaved parmesan cheese
* Iceberg Wedge - Baby iceberg lettuce, Maytag blue cheese, bacon, grape tomatoes, red onion
* Mixed Green Salad - Spring mix, pine nuts, goat cheese, fresh berries, creamy raspberry vinaigrette

Soup
* Soup du Jour
* Crab & Corn Chowder

Entrees
* Scottish Salmon - Thai BBQ glaze, pear chutney, asparagus, whipped potatoes
* Roasted Gunthorp Farms Duck Confit - Leg of duck, pineapple hoisen glaze, vegetable crepe
* Seared Chilean Sea Bass - Wild mushrooms, red wine risotto, basil aioli
* Seafood Fettuccine - Scallops, shrimp, green onion, tomato, parmesan cream sauce
* Grilled Pork Tenderloin - Sauteed spinach, vanilla pecan buttered sweet potatoes, pineapple demi
* Gunthorp Farms Boneless Chicken - Basil & mustard marinated chicken, whipped potatoes, natural jus
* 12 oz. New York Strip - Maytag blue cheese, red onion marmalade, whipped potatoes
* 8 oz. Center Cut Filet of Beef - Haricot verts, whipped potatoes, demi glace
* Braised Viking Farms Lamb - Leg of Lamb, papperdelle pasta, shaved parmesan cheese
* Steak & Frites - Pepper seared flat iron steak & hand cut frites
* Sea Scallops - Peruvian potatoes, sauteed spinach, yellow tomato jus

Sides
Roasted Vegetables - Steamed Asparagus with Hollandaise - Red Wine Risotto - Wild Mushrooms 14 West Signature Lobster Brie Mac n Cheese - Whipped Potatoes - Creamed Spinach - Sauteed Baby Brussel Sprouts - Sauteed Spinach

Desserts:
# Viennese Apple Strudel - Warm pastry, cinnamon ice cream, caramel creme anglaise
# 14 West Ice Cream & Sorbet - 1 Scoop
# Creme Brulee - The perfect balance of crunch & cream
# Chocolate Mousse Cake - Dark chocolate mousse, marinated pound cake, with toffee crusted vanilla ice cream
# Praline & Pecan Cheesecake - Warm caramel sauce, chocolate, vanilla ice cream
# Grand Marnier Carrot Cake - Cream cheese frosting, walnuts

Replies

• cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Wow, I'd like to go there too!! Happy anniversary!

If you wants the lobster mac n cheese, and that would be my plan as well, then have it but realize that this is probably going to break you in terms of calories and fat.

I would have the mac n cheese and then the Sea Scallops - Peruvian potatoes, sauteed spinach, yellow tomato jus.

It's your anniversary, enjoy yourself, skip any bread on the table, drink water instead of alcohol and work out the next day but enjoy yourself!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Personally I would opt for the following:

Starter - Shrimp Cocktail
    I would skip the soup
    Entree: Chilean Sea Bass or Scallops
    Desert: Creme Brulee or Chocolate Mousee Cake

Enjoy...it is your anniversary and a special occassion after all.
  • I would start with the shrimp cocktail, skip the soup and salad, or have a salad with dressing on the side... scallops for dinner and have the 14 West Ice Cream & Sorbet - 1 Scoop for dessert... enjoy it is one night!!! just drink lots of water, have a nice glass of wine and skip the breadsticks... have a great time... ps. i am now super hungry... haha
  • If you're set on the mac and cheese, make it your entree (ie, order the appetizer for your actual dinner) and ask for the roasted veggie side. Else the shrimp cocktail, the seared sea bass with the roast veggie side (if you like fish...I'm not well versed on beef, but I think the strip w/o the cheese would be less fat than the center cut), and split a sorbet.

My thoughts anyway.

Edit: And if the portions are large, don't be afraid to bring some home for lunch the next day!
  • hmlayman
    hmlayman Posts: 70
    I admit I don't know much about said items, however... I suggest that you work out more than usual that day, control your portions, and work out longer the next day as well, possibly the day before. I also agree with drinking plenty of water instead of alcohol. Eating a healthy snack so that you are not so hungry will help with evil temptations of eating a lot :smile: