Squash! Where have you been all my life?

Options
2»

Replies

• douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    SOUP!! You can use zucchini or squash for this recipe. Lightly coat a pan with Olive Oil. Quickly saute the squash or zucchini. Boil chicken breast in some chicken stock. When the chicken is cooked, add the squash or zucchini. Puree and serve. This soup tasted really really creamy because of the pureed chicken. I absolutely love this soup. It is very filling with very little calories and is great, especially in the winter!! Give it a try!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    SOUP!! You can use zucchini or squash for this recipe. Lightly coat a pan with Olive Oil. Quickly saute the squash or zucchini. Boil chicken breast in some chicken stock. When the chicken is cooked, add the squash or zucchini. Puree and serve. This soup tasted really really creamy because of the pureed chicken. I absolutely love this soup. It is very filling with very little calories and is great, especially in the winter!! Give it a try!

That does sound good! will have to wait until the temp drops to try it though.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Today squash...tomorrow eggplant? :tongue:

Check out my posting under recipes for eggplant dip. :happy:

Maybe you will like that too?!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I almost bought an eggplant but my hubby said he didn't particularly care for it--so if I ended up not liking it, it would go to waste.
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    I almost bought an eggplant but my hubby said he didn't particularly care for it--so if I ended up not liking it, it would go to waste.

Squash - yum:smile:
    Zucchini - yum:smile:
    Eggplant - yuck:sick: (unless its in moussaka, but even thin I slice it really thin and soak it in salt water to get rid of bitterness)
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    RATATOUILLE!!!!!! You all must try this....it is the best stuff ever! I guess with the movie last year, everyone knows how to pronounce it, but you must eat the stuff. There are a bunch of recipes and all of them are great as far as I am concerned. Just Google ratatouille recipes and look for your personal fave. It can be very involved, I guess, but I go for simple usually~! :bigsmile: