weed

Options
124»

Replies

• WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I know lots of people who smoke weed and their in shape. So nope, you dont gotta quit to lose weight,

Depends on how you define "in shape." If you personally define being in shape as "normal weight" then okay.
    For me, I picture someone with lower % of body fat around 12% to consider them semi in shape.

I have seen people who smoke weed at normal weights, but currrently haven't seen someone with lower than average body fat levels do it.

If they were normal weight i would of said they were normal. In shape as in lean and athletic.

Weight has nothing to do with lean and athletic. BF% has nothing to do with being in shape either, which I would consider to be a measure of one's fitness abilities, not a caliper or scale measure.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    from 14 to 20, I suffered from depression and I was smoking weed everyday. I got pregnant with my son at 20, so I quit and I didn't feel depressed and I had a lot more motivation to do things. When my son was 1 and I was 22, I started again.

First occasionally, but quickly I was doing it daily. I no longer wanted to workout at night, but i'd rather smoke weed. I became depressed again. After a while I figured id try something new.

At 25 I decided I was going to do a "90 day challenge" which I was going to challenge myself. For 90 days, I
    - Didn't smoke weed
    - Ate Healthy (no chips or pop which were me go to junk foods)
    - Walked everyday for an hour

Within 30 days, I increased my daily walks to more intense exercise. I was finally sleeping through the night (before I'd stay up all night). I had increased energy and motivation. Best of all, I was no longer depressed or anxious. I should mention, I was taking medication from age 16- 25 for depression.

At the end of my "90 day challenge" I had lost 25 lbs and felt amazing. I turned 27 last Monday, so it's been a little over 2 years and I haven smoked weed since. My depression is gone for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I still have down days, but I find it much more manageable. Also, I haven't been on medication for over a year now.

For me, weed and life don't mix. Everyone is different, but I think you should try making your own challenge and see how it goes.

Best of luck!
    CONGRATULATIONS! I work with addicts for a living and I commend you on not only having the motivation to start your 90 day challenge, but to see it through and to maintain it. ????????????????
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I quit weed when I was 19 and lost 20 kg. I know some people who are really skinny on it, but I have no idea how they do it. It made me lazy, unmotivated and bad with money. I could never be as healthy as I am right now while smoking weed. Everyones different, but maybe you should consider at least cutting down... losing weight the right way is linked with being healthy, and smoking that stuff isn't the healthiest for your mind or body. Good luck :)
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    8. Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes

a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
    b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.
    c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.