Question about Calaries and MyFitnessPal for my partner.

Options
So my fiance decided to do MFP with me. Although his weight situation is a little different. He ways a little over 310, but he has had a water condition for a few years where he had an excess of water in his body. He lost it all about 6 years ago, but it came back. Now he did start gaining weight like me. about a year ago. Now MFP gave him a diet of loosing 2 pounds a week, but MFP gave a goal of 2,240 calaries a day. He is 6'3, goal weight is 170. Is this too many calories? Im not sure if he even eats that much a day. Any advice I can give him on loosing the weight? If it is water, how will that affect weight loss and the MFP profile?

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    2240 isn't too high. I'm 5'6" and female eating about that. If it's water it will come off fairly quickly, possibly more than 2 lbs the first week or two. I'd suggest, if he has trouble reaching his calorie goal, to avoid low-fat, non-fat, sugar-free versions of food and go with the real stuff. Add nuts and seeds, cheese, avocado, healthy oils, nut butters...they pack a calorie punch and will help fill out meals without making him feel overly full.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Try for 200 to 210 pounds, all muscle. 170 pounds is more suited for those that are 5'7
  • jonathanp2
    jonathanp2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ok I see. That is what I thought. Thank you!
  • jonathanp2
    jonathanp2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I will remember that. Sometimes it is easy to reach the calorie goal and somedays you just dont get close enough. ):